yconic - Biotech/ CA vs. McMaster Health Sciences vs. McGill Life Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Biotech/ CA vs. McMaster Health Sciences vs. McGill Life Science

A photo of Tlee93 Tlee93
My friend got into the above programs and he's having trouble choosing from those. Can you guys give some advice?

He's really interested in science, and would like to be a doctor one day. However, his family doesn't really want him to be a doctor because of the length of time needed to qualify as one, so they're not really supporting him in choosing the science/doctor road. They'd rather him choose the business side as it's a much faster route.

He's also wondering about career aspects for each of the above programs, any ideas?

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456

@Tlee93 wrote
My friend got into the above programs and he's having trouble choosing from those. Can you guys give some advice?

He's really interested in science, and would like to be a doctor one day. However, his family doesn't really want him to be a doctor because of the length of time needed to qualify as one, so they're not really supporting him in choosing the science/doctor road. They'd rather him choose the business side as it's a much faster route.

He's also wondering about career aspects for each of the above programs, any ideas?

Thanks!

Biotech/CA is actually a really weird mix from what I've seen. It's very difficult to reconcile, or make something out of both sides (i.e. to utilize the true potential the mix offers given the constraints Biotech/CAs face). If he REALLY wants to be a doctor, you can't beat Mac Health Sci. It is true that the road to "doctorhood" is quite difficult, but if he's passionate about it, I think he should go for it. There are no guarantees in life (EVEN on the business side).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Is this really a question? Likely, your friend already knows that the answer he will receive is Mac Health Sci. So... Mac Health Sci.

Biotech/CA is too jokes of a program, and although the admission process is fearsome, it really doesn't make you any better of a candidate to become a doctor. Similarly with McGill life sci, it's good but it doesn't hold a candle to the statistics that Health Sci does of churning out doctors and others in the medical field.
Was this helpful? Yes 0