yconic - BMOS Ivey Course Help
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

BMOS Ivey Course Help

A photo of SKing16 SKing16

I'm making my schedule for UWO and I really need some help. I'm currently into BMOS with Ivey AEO, and I had some questions that I hope people could help me with. Your help and time will be greatly appreciated.

1. Which Math course should I take, under my circumstance (I'm Ivey AEO and need 80% average minimum), Methods of Calculus (1225) or Calculus (1000)? I know 1225 is easier, but which one will better prepare me for Ivey? I heard Calc is a pre-red for some Economic courses in second year, and I was wondering if those eco courses are important. My other math course is matrix algebra.

2. Psych or Poli Sci? I'm interested in both, but I heard Psych is better for business...which one is easier?

That's about it. Any tips on schedule making would greatly be appreciated, I currently have gaps between almost every class, which I heard can be a waste of time... is it better to have like 2 or 3 back to back classes so I finish earlier?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of LittleDavid LittleDavid
Take 1000 as it will be useful if u want to transfer to Econ major plus it aint that much harder. And take 1228 easiest course on the planet... studied like the night before the exam and pulled off 90s. And take psych... no essays
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
Calc 1000 and probably Psych if you don't want to write essays. But Psych does have a lot of workload in terms of readings and quizzes and online discussions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TruthfulTruist TruthfulTruist
Maybe someone can clear this up for me but,

I read that it's recommended to take Calc 1000 for people pursuing finance, should I take a supplementary second semester Calc like 1301? Or will 1000 be enough ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of TruthfulTruist TruthfulTruist
I originally did want to take Math 1225 because it's basic calc and I don't care for calc that is engineering / science oriented (IE. stuff that is useless to me).

However, someone said that if you want to pursue finance, it's a good idea to take Calc 1000.

Can someone confirm this?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mvplayur mvplayur
Math 1228 or Math 1229?
In terms of easiness.
Was this helpful? Yes 0