yconic - Bombed chemistry exam. Do i have a chance at waterloo or u of t computer engineering?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bombed chemistry exam. Do i have a chance at waterloo or u of t computer engineering?

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
Could u guys guess and tell me the percent chance I have to get into wither program? Just give me your gut feeling.

These are my marks so far:
English-84
Advanced Functions-90
Chemistry-80 (ugh)
Physics-91(so far)
Calculus-93 (so far)
Computer Science-97 (so far)

Average of top 5- 87.6
Average of top 6- 89.17%

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of LindaS LindaS
Their average for top 6 was 89-ish which is where you're at, so I have a good feeling that you'll get in. Plus there not much chemistry in computer engineering, (thank goodness!!!) which I think they will take into consideration.
Good luck! Maybe I'll see you next year! Is U of T your first choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plaidboy plaidboy

@LindaS wrote
Their average for top 6 was 89-ish which is where you're at, so I have a good feeling that you'll get in. Plus there not much chemistry in computer engineering, (thank goodness!!!) which I think they will take into consideration.

do you know what the average was for electrical and system design engineering? BTW, where did you get this info from?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LindaS wrote

Thanks for the positive feedback! Im not too sure about U of T being my first choice. I really want to go to waterloo, buy U of T is really close to my house and my parents want me to go to U of T.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@plaidboy wrote

@LindaS wrote

do you know what the average was for electrical and system design engineering? BTW, where did you get this info from?

I think 89 is the average for all engineering programs together. In my opinion, the average for electrical would be around 86 and for system design, it would be around 91. But for waterloo, they take into account your AIF, extra curriculars, what school you come from, summer school courses, etc. So, the admission is more unpredictable than U of T.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LindaS LindaS
http://www.engineering.utoronto.ca/Assets/AppSci+Digital+Assets/pdf/faculty+council+minutes/Admissions+Cycle+2011+%28Report+3318%29.pdf
The average for engineering whole is 90.4 and CE is about half a point below that.
Either way, I think you have a pretty good chance of getting in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0