yconic - Breadth requirements
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Breadth requirements

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218
Do McMaster, Guelph and Queens have any sort of breadth requirements (i.e. requirement to take non-science/math courses in a BSc degree)

I checked the websites and couldn't find anything that said yes, but nothing that said no either. The 4 required humanities/social sciences/languages courses are the only reason I'm not applying to Western :s
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
It depends on the program, so you'll have to check with each program individually. BHSc at Mac requires a non science, non math course in the top 6; not sure about BSc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218
I'm referring to required classes once you're enrolled, not your top 6 to gain acceptance. Any breadth requirements (ex: all students must take one social science course, one humanities course and one science course) will likely be the same across all programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@Sean1218 wrote
I'm referring to required classes once you're enrolled, not your top 6 to gain acceptance. Any breadth requirements (ex: all students must take one social science course, one humanities course and one science course) will likely be the same across all programs.

Oh, then in that case, no for Mac. I don't think many Canadian unis required the completion of gen eds, I think that's more common in the US.
Was this helpful? Yes 0