yconic - Brock Accounting Without Coop
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock Accounting Without Coop

A photo of rwoodcroft rwoodcroft
is there anyway to get coop?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of BobTheBuilder BobTheBuilder

@rwoodcroft wrote

The Coop Office won't let you into the Coop Program since there are unplaced Accounting Coop students. But you are free to apply to different firms on your own. If you get a placement, you can switch into the Coop Program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of rwoodcroft rwoodcroft

@BobTheBuilder wrote

@rwoodcroft wrote

The Coop Office won't let you into the Coop Program since there are unplaced Accounting Coop students. But you are free to apply to different firms on your own. If you get a placement, you can switch into the Coop Program.

so even if my marks are good first year i cant like switch or something?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BobTheBuilder BobTheBuilder

@rwoodcroft wrote

@BobTheBuilder wrote

@rwoodcroft wrote

so even if my marks are good first year i cant like switch or something?

I don't believe so. The coop placement rate is not 100% so the Coop Office focuses on getting non-placed students jobs.

If you have great marks and great people skills, apply for coop jobs on your own. You don't need to apply through the Coop Office. Make an appointment with the Business Career Development Office (BCDO) and get their help in making an outstanding resume. Then send it to every accounting firm you can think of (there's literally hundreds). If you have good marks, you should get interviews.

Was this helpful? Yes 0