yconic - Brock BAcc vs U ot T Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock BAcc vs U ot T Commerce

A photo of Jagseer Jagseer
So my first choice is Waterloo AFM, and Brock and u of T are my backups
I know for sure iwant to get my CA
I just wanted to get peoples opinion on which would be better.
For brock i know the co-op is an advantage, and i know for U of T that the education will probably be better, but they are both accreditted
So which would be a better choice?

Oh and for U of T its Rotman Commerce or UTM Commerce (both are basically the same)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams
Both are good, if you have a mid-80s average you'll probably qualify for co-op at Brock. Rotman Commerce is ranked as the number 1 business school in Canada on the international rankings and offers great internship but its really competitive.
Easiness=Brock
Reputation=UFT
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LWilliams wrote
Both are good, if you have a mid-80s average you'll probably qualify for co-op at Brock. Rotman Commerce is ranked as the number 1 business school in Canada on the international rankings and offers great internship but its really competitive.
Easiness=Brock
Reputation=UFT

My average is 96.3 and got into both brock co-op and utm commerece
I know both of these things u mentioned, but i want any additional information that would help me make my decisions as to which is better if i want to get my CA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AZK AZK
Waterloo AFM-PA and Schulich BBA are the best for CA destination I believe.

Math/Ca and Biotech/CA are good too, but if you want to become a CA these two have too much workload and its just not worth it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@AZK wrote
Waterloo AFM-PA and Schulich BBA are the best for CA destination I believe.

Math/Ca and Biotech/CA are good too, but if you want to become a CA these two have too much workload and its just not worth it.

Once again, my first choice is AFM, i want to know the difference between brock and uft, hence the name of the thread. Which is a better backup, toronto or brock?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LWilliams LWilliams

@Jagseer wrote

@LWilliams wrote
Easiness=Brock
Reputation=UFT

I know both of these things u mentioned, but i want any additional information that would help me make my decisions as to which is better if i want to get my CA

This thread is pointless then, I'm sure you'll get into AFM. :D

For your second option though, definitely choose UFT, you'll be able to find a job very easily when you show employers you have a Rotman Commerce degree as well, you can participate in the internship program offered at Rotman meaning you take a year off after 3rd year and work for a big firm (lots of opportunities). Make some good money as an intern and likely get hired the year after.
However now you need to analyze the stress load, Rotman is a much harder program and some call it a GPA killer. Its competitive with a lot of drop outs but if you have a 96 average i'm sure you can handle anything. Plus, Brock isn't a very known University globally like how Rotman is ranked number 1. In the future, many people are saying that jobs will be found outside of Ontario now so I'd say Rotman as a backup.
But good luck on your afmaa! I'm sure you'll get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@LWilliams wrote

@Jagseer wrote

@LWilliams wrote
Easiness=Brock
Reputation=UFT

For your second option though, definitely choose UFT, you'll be able to find a job very easily when you show employers you have a Rotman Commerce degree as well, you can participate in the internship program offered at Rotman meaning you take a year off after 3rd year and work for a big firm (lots of opportunities). Make some good money as an intern and likely get hired the year after.
However now you need to analyze the stress load, Rotman is a much harder program and some call it a GPA killer. Its competitive with a lot of drop outs but if you have a 96 average i'm sure you can handle anything. Plus, Brock isn't a very known University globally like how Rotman is ranked number 1. In the future, many people are saying that jobs will be found outside of Ontario now so I'd say Rotman as a backup.

Thanks for that info. I know my average is pretty high, but waterloo puts a lot of emphasis on the afmaa. Anyways, i know toronyo has the internship, but wouldnt co-op at brock during all four years be better than just a one year internship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BAcc2015 BAcc2015

@Jagseer wrote

@LWilliams wrote

@Jagseer wrote

@LWilliams wrote
Easiness=Brock
Reputation=UFT

Thanks for that info. I know my average is pretty high, but waterloo puts a lot of emphasis on the afmaa. Anyways, i know toronyo has the internship, but wouldnt co-op at brock during all four years be better than just a one year internship?

You can do multiple summer internships, but they're

a) not as in-depth
b) not during the busy tax season

I don't think internships even count towards ICAO billable hours.
Was this helpful? Yes 0