yconic - Brock BAcc with Co-op
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock BAcc with Co-op

A photo of desisoorma desisoorma
hi i was just wondering about hows Brock's BAcc program i just got accepted into it with co-op.

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I can't speak specifically about the program, I'm thinking the Brock BAcc student on here will answer soon.

But, compared to.....?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kiddinaround kiddinaround
It's good. If you like accounting, go there

I can answer specific questions if you want. I just finished first year in Bacc
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I applied to 2 different fields Life sciences at UTM
and Brock BAcc but i got the offer from BAcc and i shud receive from UTM Life sic shorty
i just wanted to compare it with UTM commerce cuz most of my friends r going to commerce at UTM
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kiddinaround wrote
It's good. If you like accounting, go there

I can answer specific questions if you want. I just finished first year in Bacc

Can u tell me..the placement for co-op and is it a really hard program and what subject does it focuses on more?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, the year prior to mine, I know 60 out of 160 kids in the co-op program got a placement (roughly 38%). This is due to expansion of the program and unfavourable economic conditions. I imagine for my year the placement will be much higher, partly because something like 52% of the kids did not meet the minimum major average this year in BAcc, and firms are highering more now that economic conditions are marginially improving. We had a weekly co-op class which prepared us for what to expect in co-op, and if you are good at networking you shouldn't have a problem.

I would not say it's really hard, contrary to the 52% of kids not meeting their major average (70%). I finished first year with an 83, and second semester i went out 4 nights a week. I found it very manageable and still had enough time to maintain an active social life, where other people I know really struggled. It is really all based on study habits however, which is the case at every university.

Subject wise, first year you will start off with a mix of Financial and Managerial (Cost) accounting. The financial portion will be a review from high school, but remember its a review for everyone, and they succeed at making the exam very tricky. You have weekly assignments in accounting which are very short and beneficial. Other courses include Economics, stats, Business Law, and a business modeling course which was really interesting. You don't have much flexibility in terms of what aspects of accounting you study later on, so you better like it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kiddinaround wrote
Well, the year prior to mine, I know 60 out of 160 kids in the co-op program got a placement (roughly 38%). This is due to expansion of the program and unfavourable economic conditions. I imagine for my year the placement will be much higher, partly because something like 52% of the kids did not meet the minimum major average this year in BAcc, and firms are highering more now that economic conditions are marginially improving. We had a weekly co-op class which prepared us for what to expect in co-op, and if you are good at networking you shouldn't have a problem.

I would not say it's really hard, contrary to the 52% of kids not meeting their major average (70%). I finished first year with an 83, and second semester i went out 4 nights a week. I found it very manageable and still had enough time to maintain an active social life, where other people I know really struggled. It is really all based on study habits however, which is the case at every university.

Subject wise, first year you will start off with a mix of Financial and Managerial (Cost) accounting. The financial portion will be a review from high school, but remember its a review for everyone, and they succeed at making the exam very tricky. You have weekly assignments in accounting which are very short and beneficial. Other courses include Economics, stats, Business Law, and a business modeling course which was really interesting. You don't have much flexibility in terms of what aspects of accounting you study later on, so you better like it.

is there lot of math involved in first year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Nah, you take Stats and Calculus.

Stats was easy, and I didn't do Data management. The Calculus course was for kids who had never taken calculus before, first half was easy, integrals are integrals. If you don't do any work you will most likely not succeed however.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

thanks for ur help i really appreciate it..
Was this helpful? Yes 0