yconic - Brock BBA co-op vs BAcc non-coop vs McMaster Commerce vs Ryerson
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock BBA co-op vs BAcc non-coop vs McMaster Commerce vs Ryerson

A photo of aaronh421 aaronh421
You definitely have the marks I believe.

I got accepted into Brock BBA Co-OP and my first semester average in Grade 12 was a 81.67%. However, my Grade 11 final average was 90.2%, so that's probably what got me in.

I'd go with BAcc or Mcmaster, since you want to focus on accounting. Brock has a really nice accounting program I hear and Mcmaster is great as well.

Cut off for BAcc is mid 80s, so just do the best you can and you should hear from Brock :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of APartOfMe APartOfMe
You definitely have the marks I believe.

I got accepted into Brock BBA Co-OP and my first semester average in Grade 12 was a 81.67%. However, my Grade 11 final average was 90.2%, so that's probably what got me in.

I'd go with BAcc or Mcmaster, since you want to focus on accounting. Brock has a really nice accounting program I hear and Mcmaster is great as well.

Cut off for BAcc is mid 80s, so just do the best you can and you should hear from Brock :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of refresh905 refresh905
i have been accepted to brock bacc non-coop ( transfer student) and ryerson bcomm. Can't decide where to go.
Pursuing a CA designation
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of refresh905 refresh905
i guess someone with a BCOM or bba has a bigger scope of jobs. But i think these days accounting is competitive and therefore, employer will choose people with a Bacc for an accounting position

Also, since Bacc is co-op i believe it has a better reputation among employers as they take students from them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of APartOfMe APartOfMe
84 is around the mid range I'd say.

I just went to Brock's campus tour today and asked many questions about their business program. It's really great and it's definitely one of my top choices to choose when I hear back after I hear from every university.

However, I'm more than likely going to study at UofT or Schulich if I get accepted, mainly due to costs though. :P

It all depends on if they give me Co-OP Business Intl degree, as I received an alternate offer. Then, I'll highly consider it haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0