yconic - Brock BBa, mcmaster, or laurier economics.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock BBa, mcmaster, or laurier economics.

A photo of lk92 lk92
My average stands right now at an 82 exactly. I didnt upgrade any of my grades since I am a post grad, just took the year off to work a bit. Last year I got accepted to laurier economics, mac, and brock, (cutoff last year for brock and mac were both 81% and needed to maintain an 80% for anyone wondering) so im hoping I will return the same results after applying again this year.

Anyways so i applied to these 3 programs

Degroote business.

Laurier BBA (probably get the alternate offer though)

and brock BBA.

I could upgrade my data mark through booklets and pull the average up to an 85-86 easy and try and get laurier BBA.

NOW here are the considerations. I live in hamilton, so mcmaster would be cheaper. Second, my sister works at research in motion, so when people talk about oh co-op placement at this school is much better, it doesn't matter to me considering I will have a fantastic placement regardless because of connections.

So what is your opinion? Also if I went to laurier, my sister lives near there so years 2-4 I could live there.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of LauraXO LauraXO
Not brock BBA. If you get into laurier BBA, I would go to that, otherwise Mcmcaster is a good choice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Yeah you're not going to get into BBA with an 82. But you will likely get the alternate offer to Honours Ec, which is fully accredited by ICAO. And you do have the chance to transfer to the BBA program if you do really well. Mac is pretty good and Brock BBA is also good, and both are fully-accredited by ICAO (I'm assuming you want to become an accountant- most likely CA?)

I would probably go with Mac or Brock BBA over the Honours Ec.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lk92 lk92

@g93 wrote
Yeah you're not going to get into BBA with an 82. But you will likely get the alternate offer to Honours Ec, which is fully accredited by ICAO. And you do have the chance to transfer to the BBA program if you do really well. Mac is pretty good and Brock BBA is also good, and both are fully-accredited by ICAO (I'm assuming you want to become an accountant- most likely CA?)

I would probably go with Mac or Brock BBA over the Honours Ec.

yeah the only positive at the moment for going to laurier is im closer to the research in motion site where my sister works and where I would most likely do my co op.

and yeah i have been looking into CA. Not going to do brock Bacc just in case things change though and I wouldn't want to be stuck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0