yconic - Brock Health Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock Health Science

A photo of BillieJackson BillieJackson
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the Brock Honours Health Science program and I was just wondering how good of a program is it? Would i have a good chance of going to med school after? I haven't really heard much about this program on this site.

Thanks for your input in advance!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
13 replies

bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump

I was also wondering what would happen if I don't get accepted to med school. Will I still have opportunities with a Brock U degree?

Thanks! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

bump
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nfabiano nfabiano
One of my friends applied to the same program, and is really considering it. Brocks a really nice school, and the region it's in is great.
Anyways Brock is building a Med School that will be done by the time you graduate your 4 year program, which could possibly increase your chances of getting in to Med School (If your post-grad is completed at Brock). Brock also has an employment rate of 96.5%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@nfabiano wrote
One of my friends applied to the same program, and is really considering it. Brocks a really nice school, and the region it's in is great.
Anyways Brock is building a Med School that will be done by the time you graduate your 4 year program, which could possibly increase your chances of getting in to Med School (If your post-grad is completed at Brock). Brock also has an employment rate of 96.5%

Thanks for the reply!

Are you sure that they are building a medical school? I haven't even heard anything about that. Anyways, if I don't get into med school, would I still be able to obtain a decent job?

Thanks again :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@BillieJackson wrote
Anyways, if I don't get into med school, would I still be able to obtain a decent job?

No, probably not.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@BillieJackson wrote

Thanks for the reply!

Are you sure that they are building a medical school? I haven't even heard anything about that. Anyways, if I don't get into med school, would I still be able to obtain a decent job?

Thanks again :)

No problem!

Apparently they talked about it when Brock visited my school, but I didn't go to that presentation. Here is an article about the med school:
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1777447
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FiresinX FiresinX

@nfabiano wrote

I don't think this information is correct...

1. Medical schools do not care which school you come from...going to UofT or Brock is the same thing when medical schools view your application in Canada. Outside of Canada, unless your going to UBC, UofT or Mcgill... your school name doesn't matter (waterloo, western or queens are all meaningless)

2. A medical school is coming to their campus, it doesn't mean it's Brocks. Fact is Macmaster is building a school there for its student, so it doesn't affect brock's udnergrad students especially after the first point I made.

Anyways, I agree Brock is a nice school and the region is good, but it will not increase or decrease your chance to get into medical school. I hope that helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ I said possibly. You never know how Brock will do things. I know that Brock gives first priority to people who live in the Niagara region and apply to Brock. That's why everyone who goes to a school in my district got early acceptance to Brock, regardless of if they were 10% over the requirements, or 1%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the discussion guys lol

let's say if I don't get into med school, what options are there?
would I be good with a health science brock u degree?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ARMY102 ARMY102
Brock has health sci?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY102 wrote
Brock has health sci?

yes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FiresinX FiresinX

@BillieJackson wrote
Thanks for the discussion guys lol

let's say if I don't get into med school, what options are there?
would I be good with a health science brock u degree?

Some options are to finish your PhD, or go to teachers college, or do research...to be honost, don't choose this path unless your willing to go outside the country to spend $200,000+ in a foreign medical school. Alot of students go to the Caribbeans (almost all who have very low GPAs)...I would suggest choosing something you know you can do well in and so youc an get a high gpa and still apply to medical school.

Also, Brock doesn't choose who gets accepted into the medical school on brock's campus... Mac does.
Was this helpful? Yes 0