yconic - Brock, U of T or McMasters
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Brock, U of T or McMasters

A photo of sharikkhan sharikkhan
Hi i have applied for

Biochemistry Co-op - Brock
Health Science - Brock
Life Sciences (Co-op) - McMaster
Life Science - U of T

I want to get into medical school and my average is about 86%. I heard that Canadian medical school do not care about the university you came from. If that true i want to go to biochemistry in Brock but then other people are saying that going into a recognized university is better. That is why i am confused. Should i go into a renowned university with hard studies or an easier university ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Undergrad doesn't matter. Only your GPA does. Other than U of T, McGill and Queens I haven't heard too many bad stories of scoring a good GPA at other schools. At Mac all my friends in life sciences are getting marks within B+ to A's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Go to the university that you like the best (taking everything into consideration - campus, location, social life, program, cost etc). You're spending the next 3-4 years at that school, so make sure you love it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Schen Schen

@Respects wrote
Undergrad doesn't matter. Only your GPA does. Other than U of T, McGill and Queens I haven't heard too many bad stories of scoring a good GPA at other schools. At Mac all my friends in life sciences are getting marks within B+ to A's. Health science is much easier though, it's only difficult to get in.

That's not necessarily true. I know of a lot of people in Health Science who are worried more about their HLTH SCI courses than all the life science courses (general chemistry, physics, math, etc.)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@Respects wrote
Undergrad doesn't matter. Only your GPA does. Other than U of T, McGill and Queens I haven't heard too many bad stories of scoring a good GPA at other schools. At Mac all my friends in life sciences are getting marks within B+ to A's. Health science is much easier though, it's only difficult to get in.

Lol aside from orgo, my lowest marks at Mac were all definitely health sci courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0