yconic - Bursaries
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bursaries

A photo of SpringChild SpringChild
What is the average amount of entrance bursaries offered to students who are applying to University? or, share how much you were offered.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of beaubeau beaubeau
Ottawa offered me $4000 for studying in French, I have yet to hear from Toronto, and Waterloo has given me nothing lol

Since the University of Ottawa has to deal with competing with Carleton--those two universities smother you with money.

I'll take a guess, I suppose, on average, that universities don't offer much in terms of bursaries--unless your family's income is very low. Apparently I didn't get any money because my family earns too much :|

Anyways, it doesn't hurt to try and sign up for bursaries!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of link link
Bursaries are mostly based on need rather than academic achievement. I received the max amount from waterloo of $4000. Some of the lesser known universities probably offer more money to attract students i guess.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@link wrote
Bursaries are mostly based on need rather than academic achievement. I received the max amount from waterloo of $4000. Some of the lesser known universities probably offer more money to attract students i guess.

+1

Bursaries are based entirely off financial need. Scholarships are based off academic merit and how "bad" a university wants you to attend there. I was never offered any bursaries, although I did get a few once I was studying at Carleton.

For entrance scholarships, this is what I was offered:
Carleton: $10,000 over 4 years
Laurier: $750
Queens: $1,000
Ottawa: $500
Western: $1,000

So you see why I chose Carleton? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessicadonnan jessicadonnan
i received a queens entrance bursary for 1750
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaytotz kaytotz