yconic - Bursary requirements
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Bursary requirements

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So can anyone give me an approximate income range, or your own experiences/what you've heard to qualify for a bursary in university like Queen's, UWO? Assume there are no special circumstances, small family, no outstanding debts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

If there are no special circumstances or outstanding debts, you don't need a bursary. :scratch:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ARMY101 wrote
If there are no special circumstances or outstanding debts, you don't need a bursary. :scratch:

Oh thanks ... makes sense. But now I feel dumb. :albino:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

@Alizarin wrote

@ARMY101 wrote

Oh thanks ... makes sense. But now I feel dumb. :albino:

Did you want to rephrase your question? Or was that really all?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of awaysheflew awaysheflew
Bursaries are given based how much your family can realistically contribute financially to your education. This would be affected by your family's income, how many children your parents have and how many of those children are currently completing post-secondary studies, the value of their assets, etc. On the application for their bursaries, most universities also include a field where you can explain extenuating circumstances.

Therefore, your family doesn't have to be in debt or have weird circumstances for you to qualify for a bursary. I don't know if you would qualify for one or not, but I strongly suggest applying for one anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Well, yes. If your parents make a very low sum of money, then you actually might qualify.
Was this helpful? Yes 0