yconic - Business and math???
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Business and math???

A photo of business09 business09
Hey guys,

Is there a lot of math involved when doing BBA (bachelor of business administration)in

first year? I don't mind if there is, but I am hoping someone could tell me so i can

make a better decision when choosing my path.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of g93 g93
For most programs there is only 1 math, which is usually calculus. Typically this is just a review of high school cal with some new stuff (note this does not mean you don't have to work hard). Some business programs have a stats course in first year (if not it will be 2nd year) such as Waterloo AFM and Queen's Commerce I think (don't quote me on the latter).

There are other maths you can take in first year as well, such as more advanced calc or mathematics for finance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
I am doing iBBA and I only need to take one math in the 1st year which is STATS. However, I have an option of taking electives such as calculus or integrals. Most programs have two more core math courses in the 2nd year, but many more math options as electives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0