yconic - Business Degree
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Business Degree

A photo of mitch mitch
What does a degree in business get you?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of g93 g93
This
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sheslikethis sheslikethis
A Degree in Business will get you a wide range of career options, such as;

Accounting- lots of opportunities
Consulting
Entrepreneurship / Small Business
Finance- lots of opportunities
Human Resources- lots of opportunities
Marketing- very competitive and very fun
Real Estate
Retail
Sales- competitive but fun
Social Entrepreneurship / Corporate Responsibility

Also, with a business degree you can get hired pretty much anywhere that has an office.
And most Schools have internship at a variety of companies so right after you graduate you will have a high chance at a guaranteed spot.

Your life is pretty much set financially with a business degree.

- sheslikethis :cyclops:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HeatherC HeatherC
Can all business programs lead to becoming a CA? I want to keep my options open by taking business but im wondering if i should take an accounting program instead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@HeatherC wrote
Can all business programs lead to becoming a CA? I want to keep my options open by taking business but im wondering if i should take an accounting program instead.

As long as the business program has all of the 51 credit-hours required by ICAO. I would recommend a fully-accredited program though, as it will be easier and they are probably the top programs anyways. You can go to a school without all of the 51 credit-hours, but then you would have to take undergrad courses at other unis through distance education and such, not fun.

For a full list of fully-accredited programs, check here. To check which programs have the required hours, echeck here

I am considering which is better myself: a business program known for accounting in Laurier BBA, and a prestigious accounting program in AFM-PA (if I get in). Not sure yet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kyleletti Kyleletti
I am mainly interested in a business degree not only for the financial security, but the opportunity to advance myself in the ranks of some massive corporation, and make a name for myself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Uukes2 Uukes2
I feel a similar way, I hope to earn a BBA at Laurier and then apply at a larger corporation in research and development of advertising and marketing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of becca88 becca88
I applied to DeVry in Calgary AB. they have a full credit online Program for BBA, with majors in finance and other ones. its very flexible and it offers a lot of opportunity, just some of these other school that people have mentioned. me my self have never heard of them. mostly because i wanted a full online program. and they do have the work and study i havent looked much into that but since i'm doing online. i'm still working
Was this helpful? Yes 0