yconic - Business Schools In Canada
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Business Schools In Canada

A photo of thegoal08 thegoal08
Hi,

I am currently staying a 5th year in high school to raise my marks/take the right courses for Business. I was just wondering what schools are best for Business in Canada. From the research I've done, it seems Schulich, Ivey and Wilfred are top dogs. I was wondering if Carleton or U of Ottawa any good for Business? This is specifically for undergraduate programs. Although my current average heading into this year is not high (84) I'm confident of raising my marks to around a 90 average. i just want an opinion on the lesser business programs in Canada.

From what i can tell:
1. York University
2. Wilfred Laurier
3. Western Ivey
4. Queen's
5. University of Toronto

Any opinion or information at all is appreciated :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Your list is pretty accurate. Sure a couple numbers could be switched but you've got the idea. With an 84 average here's the schools you should get into:
* Ryerson
* McMaster
* Laurier (if you do the ABS well and have good EC's you may get into their BBA, if not you might get an offer to honours economics)
* UTM/UTSC (not sure their averages, but you'd stand a chance)

With 90 it gets a little fuzzy.

* Queen's - If you get an 87% average, your grades become irrelevant seeing as you made the cutoff and therefore your admission is based solely on the quality of your PSE.
* Ivey - Uses the 50-50 system. 50% grades, 50% extra curricular. 90% average is far from guaranteed unless you have decent extracurriculars.
* Schulich - Think you need a 91, but a great all around school.
* All the schools in the first list you'll get in as well.

Rotman is like an 88%, but I'd choose Laurier over that due to their co-op and it has a better atmosphere to it. But that's just me - you may think otherwise and that's fine :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CRAZYBUBBA CRAZYBUBBA
It's far from accurate.

It would be more fitting to group schools in cohorts.

1) Top business schools (QC, York, IVEY)
2) Rotman, WLU
3) Schools that have business programs but don't really care
ETC.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
thegoal08, switch Queens with Laurier and your list will be accurate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NoToRiouSDIP NoToRiouSDIP
QC OVER ALL NIGGGAHHHHH
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of apark17 apark17

@NoToRiouSDIP wrote
QC OVER ALL NIGGGAHHHHH

+1
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@apark17 wrote

@NoToRiouSDIP wrote
QC OVER ALL NIGGGAHHHHH

+1

+2
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of unigirl123101 unigirl123101

@Username81 wrote

* Queen's - If you get an 87% average, your grades become irrelevant seeing as you made the cutoff and therefore your admission is based solely on the quality of your PSE.

Not *totally* true. Your grades don't become irrelevant it just means you have made the cutoff and won't be automatically cut out because of marks. Your grades are balanced against your ECs....someone who has a 97% and a few solid ECs and maybe some work experience is likely to get in. Someone with an 87% and some unreal EC's, saving the world, running crap and a sick job would also get in.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CRAZYBUBBA wrote
It's far from accurate.

It would be more fitting to group schools in cohorts.

1) Top business schools (QC, York, IVEY)
2) Rotman, WLU
3) Schools that have business programs but don't really care
ETC.

This is accurate. +1.
Was this helpful? Yes 0