yconic - CA Bound
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

CA Bound

A photo of junior21 junior21
Laurier BBA or Western + Ivey AEO
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Laurier BBA or Western + Ivey AEO
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Arctic Arctic
Where you get your degree may affect your ability to secure a job at a CA Training Office (and I'd say more, but going into discussion about the 'best' university would incite a war).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
If you're 100% sure you want to get your CA - Waterloo AFM and Laurier BBA are the best programs to get your CA skills and to get your designation the fastest.

With that being said however, you may be lacking in other business knowledge/skills that will prevent you to go into other fields like e.g. banking.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
There is a CA thread, why would you create one
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Blistex Blistex
Well for one Nippsing isnt accredited so It will take you longer since you wouldn't have the required credits.

Anything from the list of accredited universities will get you on your way to becoming a CA. One is not necessirily better than the other.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@Blistex wrote
Well for one Nippsing isnt accredited so It will take you longer since you wouldn't have the required credits.

Anything from the list of accredited universities will get you on your way to becoming a CA. One is not necessirily better than the other.

Nipissing has all 51 credit-hours required, it's just not fully-accredited.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@junior21 wrote

@immaculatedx wrote
If you're 100% sure you want to get your CA - Waterloo AFM and Laurier BBA are the best programs to get your CA skills and to get your designation the fastest.

With that being said however, you may be lacking in other business knowledge/skills that will prevent you to go into other fields like e.g. banking.

Well I know Waterloo is good because it is strictly accounting and guaranteed co-op. But what makes Laurier and Brock the next best? I mean are they really hard or something? How would I become a CA faster by going to Laurier instead of Nipissing? Also I'm 100% not going to Waterloo.

Best: Waterloo AFM, Laurier BBA, Schulich BBA (Honourable Mention Rotman)

And then Brock

And the rest
Was this helpful? Yes 0