yconic - CA
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

CA

A photo of loohopefull94 loohopefull94
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to become a CA through the Waterloo Arts and Business program, Im just worried that I wont get into the AFM program, hopefully G93 sees this
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
You can become a CA after any program. However, you may need to take additional courses to satisfy the list of ICAO prerequisites. Visit their website to see what you are going to have to do to get CA with after that program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@MINTOK wrote
You can become a CA after any program. However, you may need to take additional courses to satisfy the list of ICAO prerequisites. Visit their website to see what you are going to have to do to get CA with after that program.

Yes and no.

Most of the AFM courses that you would need to take to fulfill your requirements are reserved for AFM, Math/CA and Biotech/CA students (and occasionally CFM or FARM I think). In addition, the MAcc and the Diploma program say they only take AFM and Math/Science CA students.

You could go through Arts-Business, get a few credits maybe, then go to another program and get the rest, but that would take forever and seems pointless. It would make more sense to go to another program.

There's also a possibility that Waterloo would give you access to the AFM courses and let you enter the Diploma program or something. I'm not sure. Just PM g93.
Was this helpful? Yes 0