yconic - Cafeteria Boo!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Cafeteria Boo!

A photo of missymichelleee missymichelleee
Hello. I am new to these boards, but I wanted to share my dissatisfaction with the food in my cafeteria. Sure, they have giant wraps, burgers, fries... wait, what am I missing here? Their food is junk, and it saddens me. Along the vast selection of grease, more grease, and baked goodies such as cookies, muffins, and scones, there are usually only a few packages of sliced veggies. And it is THE most expensive snack on their menu. As someone who suffers from a gluten as well as lactose intolerance, this is the only thing I can eat at the school, and unfortunately cannot afford due to the high price! There needs to be MORE healthy alternatives, especially for those with alternative diets!
Anyone else share this problem at their school?
Anyone working to solve this problem? I'd love to hear some success stories!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
10 replies

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Don't go to the cafeteria then. Better yet, get out of residence and get into your own apartment. You'll get to cook your own food, and you'll be avoiding criminal activity.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mandie606 mandie606
I don't know about you, but I think all that grease is delicious! I hate eating healthy. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm looking forward to learning to cook. I'm getting very tired of the sh!tty-@ss food at my university. Writing exams with cramps=not fun.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
Shouldn't have gotten a meal plan if you're so particular.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
There are no such things as junk foods, there are only junk diets.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MaxwellEdison MaxwellEdison

@missymichelleee wrote
Hello. I am new to these boards, but I wanted to share my dissatisfaction with the food in my cafeteria. Sure, they have giant wraps, burgers, fries... wait, what am I missing here? Their food is junk, and it saddens me. Along the vast selection of grease, more grease, and baked goodies such as cookies, muffins, and scones, there are usually only a few packages of sliced veggies. And it is THE most expensive snack on their menu. As someone who suffers from a gluten as well as lactose intolerance, this is the only thing I can eat at the school, and unfortunately cannot afford due to the high price! There needs to be MORE healthy alternatives, especially for those with alternative diets!

You must go to Mac!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BAcc2015 BAcc2015

@MaxwellEdison wrote

@missymichelleee wrote

You must go to Mac!

Nawwwwwwww, it has to be Brock. The pizza in the Marketplace has more greeeeeeez than a 15 year old's face, it's disgusting.

Was this helpful? Yes 0