yconic - Calculators ..
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Calculators ..

A photo of Absolut10 Absolut10
For the university students out there, do you think its necessary to get a new expensive graphing calculator for university or is a regular sharp or casio one okay? For programs like business and science do they even allow you to use calculators?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Most calculus/math classes you're not even allowed calculators in exams. And for most other classes you are not allowed graphing calculators in exams (non-programmable calculators only). I use my old graphing calculator from high school for homework because I like the bigger screen. Occasionally I can use it in an exam.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
We're not allowed to use anything other than the Casio fx-991MS calculators on tests/exams.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@inthemaking wrote
We're not allowed to use anything other than the Casio fx-991MS calculators on tests/exams.

How did Casio swing that one? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Do not buy a graphing calculator.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking

@g93 wrote

@inthemaking wrote

How did Casio swing that one? :P

Beats me. I already had a Casio fx-991MS from high school though so it suited me fine.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CatRunner CatRunner

@ktel wrote
Most calculus/math classes you're not even allowed calculators in exams. And for most other classes you are not allowed graphing calculators in exams (non-programmable calculators only).

+1. Exactly as he said.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
graphing calculators are a waste of money. just use wolfram alpha.

there are some math courses that allow calculators, but they will sometimes make you get a specific model. so i'd wait til then.
Was this helpful? Yes 0