yconic - Calculus & Vectors...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Calculus & Vectors...

A photo of 311 311
Is it just me or is this course killer?! I know its still early into the semester but I'm getting really worried about my marks in this class. I totally bombed the first test and to top it off, the first few chapters (vectors) are supposed to be the easy part of the course! That means when we get to the actual calculus part, its gonna be suicide :|
ahh I feel so hopeless now :(

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I thought by taking advanced functions first semester, calculus would have been a 'breeze' or something! LMAO boy was I wrong...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of lemony lemony
You're doing the Vectors section first? Strange. I thought that Vectors is the harder part. Calculus is based off of some concepts in Advanced Functions - remember the "limit" formula? From what I've done calculus so far (I am also taking Calculus & Vectors now) it takes that and changes things up. Vectors is probably more difficult in terms of concepts, calculus is difficult because it is very detailed and you cannot make a mistake without messing everything up.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm almost done the course and I must say, the beginning part of the course is much harder than the end.
Integration is MUCH easier than differentiation and limits, so don't worry.. I know how you feel.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Really? Everyone has found it easy in my class.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of steele steele

@311 wrote
Is it just me or is this course killer?! I know its still early into the semester but I'm getting really worried about my marks in this class. I totally bombed the first test and to top it off, the first few chapters (vectors) are supposed to be the easy part of the course! That means when we get to the actual calculus part, its gonna be suicide :|
ahh I feel so hopeless now :(

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I thought by taking advanced functions first semester, calculus would have been a 'breeze' or something! LMAO boy was I wrong...

Have you taken physics? Because vectors are covered extensively in physics, especially Grade 12. Our teacher started with the vectors section too :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I am starting the Calculus portion. It is getting tricky with all the different ways to derive. I heard that if you start with Vectors, it is much harder...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Phase Phase
I am just starting vectors portion now (finished with calculus). The calculus portion is pretty easy if your willing to put in the work, except for optimization problems which is calculus from hell.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx

@cyynthiia wrote
I'm almost done the course and I must say, the beginning part of the course is much harder than the end.
Integration is MUCH easier than differentiation and limits, so don't worry.. I know how you feel.

We don't do integration in Ontario (stupid, i know)

Also, OP i'm sorry, but we stared with vectors first and i'm honestly falling asleep in class it's that easy.
I agree with steele, it's much much easier if you've taken physics (i have 3u and 4u physics already)

The calculus part shouldn't be harder than the vectors. If you haven't taken the physics, i would think it would be harder to wrap your head around the vectors than calc, which is just an extension of Adv. functions. My teacher said that vectors isn't related to the calc portion much.

sorry for the rambling..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 311 311

@Nyx wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

We don't do integration in Ontario (stupid, i know)

Also, OP i'm sorry, but we stared with vectors first and i'm honestly falling asleep in class it's that easy.
I agree with steele, it's much much easier if you've taken physics (i have 3u and 4u physics already)

The calculus part shouldn't be harder than the vectors. If you haven't taken the physics, i would think it would be harder to wrap your head around the vectors than calc, which is just an extension of Adv. functions. My teacher said that vectors isn't related to the calc portion much.

sorry for the rambling..

yeah.. i didn't take physics...maybe thats why...i hope :( i heard the calculus part is harder though :S
Was this helpful? Yes 0