yconic - Calculus and Vectors
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Calculus and Vectors

A photo of smarty1 smarty1
What's your Calculus and Vectors mark?

Post.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
63 replies

A photo of DKDG DKDG
94 :p
i have a pretty challenging teacher though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
You first
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
It's too low for me to even post.
I feel like a delinquent.
=[
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I have a question before I put my mark up. Do you (anyone that sees this) have TIPs, in your school? It's like tests in Math which are worth like 20% of your math mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@johnnycanuck wrote
You first

Oh hey - you took your siggy off.
:P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gurkang wrote
I have a question before I put my mark up. Do you (anyone that sees this) have TIPs, in your school? It's like tests in Math which are worth like 20% of your math mark?

No.
o_o
Never heard of this.
We do have provincials in BC though, worth 40% of our final mark...
But those are optional now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gurkang wrote

I'm fairly certain that "TIPS" is one of the four categories...

1. Knowledge and Understanding
2. Application
3. Thinking and Inquiry <--- TIPS
4. Communication

All of our tests are divided in those four categories, and according to the students as well as the teacher, TIPS is supposed to be the hardest of all categories. :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@smarty1 wrote

@gurkang wrote

2. Application
3. Communication

All of our tests are divided in those four categories, and according to the students as well as the teacher, TIPS is supposed to be the hardest of all categories. :/

Yea it is. We have like seperate TIPS tests which are killers. My friend has a 90 in knowledge but is failing the TIPs portion, my mark is 89 in Knowledge and I have a 75 in TIPs, giving me a 84 in the course. Believe it or not, that is the highest mark in my class xD
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote

@gurkang wrote

No.
o_o
Never heard of this.

It's what Smarty said. I wish I didn't have this. My math mark would be atleast 90+ each time, but this absolutly kills my mark
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gurkang wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

@gurkang wrote

No.
o_o
Never heard of this.

It's what Smarty said. I wish I didn't have this. My math mark would be atleast 90+ each time, but this absolutly kills my mark

Okay yeah I know what you're talking about.
Our provincial is divided into parts like that too, although I don't think it's 20%, not the math one anyways.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ Yea I would love for it to be like 10% or lower. Sadly this isn't the case :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gurkang wrote

@smarty1 wrote

@gurkang wrote

2. Application
3. Communication

Yea it is. We have like seperate TIPS tests which are killers. My friend has a 90 in knowledge but is failing the TIPs portion, my mark is 89 in Knowledge and I have a 75 in TIPs, giving me a 84 in the course. Believe it or not, that is the highest mark in my class xD

We don't have seperate tests for TIPS but yeah, it is considered to be the hardest of all categories and it drops people's mark. When introducing the course outline, teacher pointed that out in advance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yea I have had it every year since grade 9. Not even all the high schools in my region have it. It's like only our school. Anyways, I told you my mark now tell me yours :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

We are getting our final midterm mark tomorrow (hopefully), so I'll post it then. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Muirhead11 Muirhead11
rofl... so bad, 86% with a 100% on the last test (we've had 3 tests) so yeah, my first two averaged out to 80 on the dot haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of heesoup heesoup

@gurkang wrote

I had TIPS since grade 9 :(
They are killing my mark right now in Calc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
This is why I loved having IB Math.....
Exam was 75%+ of our mark.

Finished Calc/Vectors last year with a 98
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@gurkang wrote

I had TIPS since grade 9 :(
They are killing my mark right now in Calc.

O: What do you have in Calc?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of AlikaK AlikaK
I have an 82% ... I get so frustrated when I see the above marks because I don't think my school is a tough school, but it's either that or we have really stupid people in our class since the highest is a 92 I believe. I dunno though because I think some of the kids in my class are pretty darned smart. Oh well, anyways I just had my midterm in vectors today and yesterday. We had our thinking part (which I believe would be the TIPS thing) today, and yes it is always tougher than the knowledge, application, communication parts. We'll see how I do on the midterm next week, I'm pretty nervous!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
I have TIPS but it's only worth like 7% of the course. We usually get an assignment and sometimes a couple of questions on tests. I find TIPS in calc sooo much easier than in data though :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@smarty1 wrote
We are getting our final midterm mark tomorrow (hopefully), so I'll post it then. :)

So you make the thread, and don't post. BOO :tongue:

You think anyone else has midterm marks? Just guesstimate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

96. I took this course last year, btw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jzliu jzliu
To me, TIPS is easy (only ever once where I didn't get perfect in TIPS and that's in Advanced Functions)... only thing is I make stupid mistake in Application... things like stupid communication marks or forgetting to square the constant side of a Pythagorean theorem or forgetting to test f'(0) >.<
Was this helpful? Yes 0