yconic - Calculus exam
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Calculus exam

A photo of 311 311
How is the hardness/easiness of this exam compared to the grade 12 adv functions exam?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of g93 g93
Depends on the teacher/school.

Most people find calculus and vectors harder than advanced functions, so I think it is fair to say that the exam is harder on average. However, it is just high school and really isn't that bad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Fma Fma

@g93 wrote

Most people find calculus and vectors harder than advanced functions, so I think it is fair to say that the exam is harder on average. However, it is just high school and really isn't that bad.

IMO, calculus is easier than AF since we don't have to memorize any formulas...
if you understand the concept, you can get the answer very easily

Also, we don't do any trigometry in calc!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of HarryPotter HarryPotter
calculus is so hard!

:[
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pandasbox pandasbox
It all depends. For me, calc and vectors are easier because sometimes we worked out how to derive the formula instead of just memorizing it. If you like memorizing many unrelated topics and their respective formulas, then advanced functions is for you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I just had mine today. It was actually pretty easy. Just know your stuff. Make sur eyou study and review old tests.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711

@Fma wrote

@g93 wrote

IMO, calculus is easier than AF since we don't have to memorize any formulas...
if you understand the concept, you can get the answer very easily

Also, we don't do any trigometry in calc!

My school did trig stuff in calc and vectors. We also had formulas to memorize, so I think it's safe to say that it varies between schools. I also think it's a matter of personal opinion. For instance some people find vectors challenging because of the spacial aspect, others find that, after all the algebra stuff in adv functions, the calc stuff is easy. So we can't really tell you whether it'll be harder or easier.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
We never had a single formula sheet for any MCV test/quiz/exam, so we definitely had to know them. I think my exam was a lot easier than the AF exam too, since you basically have to know how to find the derivative, the equation of the tangent and optimizing.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
I just finished my MHF exam and I didn't have to memorize a single formula... Most people at my school think calc is easier though still.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Phase Phase
It was the same. They're both really easy, and if you're in Ontario, all you have to know is how to find the derivative of a function and you're guaranteed to at least pass.
Was this helpful? Yes 0