yconic - Calculus
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Calculus

A photo of norcorider norcorider
Anyone find calculus easier than math 12?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
30 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I got a better mark in calculus but I'm in IB so my marks are all weird...like they get converted after we finish the course. But on the calculus tests I did better than my other tests i guess :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CanadaBoy CanadaBoy
Are you just starting the Calculus course or are you finished?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles

@CanadaBoy wrote

Me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@iliketurtles wrote

@CanadaBoy wrote

Me?

Norcorider
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of blurX blurX

@CanadaBoy wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@CanadaBoy wrote

Me?

Norcorider

wow..how did u get accepted to Waterloo for CS so early...? Is it because you already submited the AIF?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
I'm actually doing WAY better in AP Calc than I did in Math 12.
I barely got a B in Math 12, but I'm getting a pretty high mark in AP Calc, not nearly as high as people on this forum, but high for me considering I'm an English person and NOT a math person by any means.

Doing Calculus homework as I type this.. wooohoooo integration!
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rawr939 rawr939
yeah personally i find calculus easier lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of norcorider norcorider

@CanadaBoy wrote

I'm just starting. I've heard most teachers and graduates say that calculus is easier so I'm hoping its true
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@blurX wrote

@CanadaBoy wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@CanadaBoy wrote

Me?

Norcorider

wow..how did u get accepted to Waterloo for CS so early...? Is it because you already submited the AIF?

A few people have asked me, but I'm not sure. Haven't filled out AIF yet, but I already have all my grade 12 math courses so that is probably why.

@norcorider Calculus is easier to do, and it makes harder math problems very easy too. The theory behind it is harder, however. I think you've only gotten to limits so far (if you just started). The best parts (derivatives and related rates) are yet to come!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of stephanieanne stephanieanne
Calculus is definitely easier than Math 30 (grade 12 math), depending on the way your teacher teaches the course. I did well in my AP Calc class because my teacher never assigned/checked/took in homework- but that exact same reason is why most people in my class had averages in the 70s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@CanadaBoy wrote
@norcorider Calculus is easier to do, and it makes harder math problems very easy too. The theory behind it is harder, however. I think you've only gotten to limits so far (if you just started). The best parts (derivatives and related rates) are yet to come!

?!?!?!!?
That's crazy.
I'm 70% through the course and related rates have got to be the HARDEST. THING. EVER.
Integration has got to be the easiest and best part of Calculus hands down!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
I'm from BC, just starting Calculus 12. It doesn't seem bad yet, but I'm sure it gets a lot harder.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@VegaKrazmych wrote
I'm from BC, just starting Calculus 12. It doesn't seem bad yet, but I'm sure it gets a lot harder.

Limits are the easiest part of Calculus.. I'm assuming that's what you're starting off with.
But it doesn't really get TOO much more difficult than that..
Just about 295872 more rules to learn and apply.. as well as 258728957 more derivatives and integrals to learn and apply.
:compress:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah, just doing the limits so far. It's not provincially examinable, so I'm focusing more on physics and chemistry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah.. it's not.. sadly..
but depending where you apply to.. it can sometimes be substituted for Math 12...
or you can take the AP exam and get first year credits.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
or you can take the AP exam and get first year credits.

That's what I'm hoping to do. If not, having gone through the material once can't hurt. There's also nothing useful during that block at my school, anyway, so no harm in trying.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of susieq susieq
I'm just starting Calculus now. So far, so good. :) But I'm excited to start something other than boring old limits...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
I'm from BC and just started Calculus. So far I actually find it harder than Math (which I worked hard in to get my 93). I think it might just be the teacher though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noxx98 noxx98
Calculus will be easy, depending on your teacher vectors will screw with you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Unknown Unknown

@blurX wrote

@CanadaBoy wrote

@iliketurtles wrote

@CanadaBoy wrote

Me?

Norcorider

I don't think the AIF matters that much. I got accepted and I did AIF in like 2-3 min. I think grade 11 marks matters cause my grade 12 still doesn't appear on the OUAC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

By "best" parts, I meant the hardest :) Related rates really screwed me up when I took Calculus too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of pap6r pap6r
They're around the same to me (concept-wise and difficulty wise), probably because I really liked Math 30 (with the exception of perms and combs...) as compared to math 10 and 20

But my friends all think calculus is easier as of now soooo...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of konhee93 konhee93
I'm doing AP Calculus BC right now, and most kids in my class had a 95+ in Math 12.
Maybe it's just because my teacher is super hard, but our class average is like 70%...
But he scales you so its fair game i guess
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JangoDarkflame444 JangoDarkflame444
im finding calculas a tad bit harder even though we still doing math 12 lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
I found calculus easier than advanced functions, it's more clear.
Was this helpful? Yes 0