yconic - Calm. Down.
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Calm. Down.

A photo of Wasi786 Wasi786
Okay I get it. You're stressed. Midterm reports are approaching. The deadline to the OUAC marks is approaching. The date to that important English essay, Biology or Calculus test is approaching and you are just panicking. Utter chaos in the mind. Yeah I get it.

But you know what? Maybe you just need to take a step back and think to yourself: why I am so nervous? Why I do I feel depressed about my marks? Why do I have the need to compare myself and my University acceptance/rejection to my friends?

All or some of these questions have loomed my mind but today I have decided to calm down. Yes. Just. Calm. Down.

All this anxiety and worrying is useless. So if your past couple of days or weeks or (months) have been like this. Take my advice; relax. If you've worked hard in grade 9 through 11. I think there is a 99.99% chance you will work hard (or do your best to) in grade 12. And unless you're afflicted with senioritas (google that up), you should be optimistic and happy about ANY university acceptance you get.

To leave you with another thought...Think about people in third world countries who would literally do ANYTHING to get ANY education and freedom like you. lol Don't feel too guilty.

Anyways tell me how you feel about all this "chaos" and panic and how your experience has been so far?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
12 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I am only depressed because I feel that there is just an endless amount of work to do even though there are 2 months left...Plus the fact that my marks are dropping like flies in my courses...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Wasi786 Wasi786
Yes I can definitely relate. I have loads of assignments all seeming to fall on the same day or week. But you know what, its NEVER as hard or as HORRIBLE as we may percieve them. Most assignments (no matter what level or course) are straight forward as long as you occasionally do your homework and listen in class. Our education system is very well planned out (but sometimes very poorly executed).

Also, another thing I would say is that I think the "system" or the timing of university acceptances is flawed. They give acceptances to students as early as november/december which sort of perpetuates the whole feeling of "oh I don't really need to TRY anymore".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
The more you people stress out over things, the worse you're gonna do. Just study and make sure your on top of you crap and you'll all do fine - and be stress free.

If I had a penny everytime I had papers due/exams this year I would be rich. Staying stress free is key.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Yeah everyone needs to chillax. I'm waiting on professional school interview invites and I'm still not as stressed out about it as some of the people on here lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of andrewk512 andrewk512
I have no idea what you're talking about. I work hard, get my stuff done in class, and don't let anything pile up. No chaos.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
i can just imagine how many studentaward members are now bald coz of immense stress :p heheh
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx

@andrewk512 wrote
I have no idea what you're talking about. I work hard, get my stuff done in class, and don't let anything pile up. No chaos.

Then you'll have no problems next year lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
I'll tell you to "calm down," and you'll be able to walk a tightrope across the Niagara River without breaking a sweat.
Was this helpful? Yes 0