yconic - Can an RTA (Radio and Telveision Arts) degree from Ryerson be useful in business communications?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can an RTA (Radio and Telveision Arts) degree from Ryerson be useful in business communications?

A photo of jmaldonado jmaldonado
Hey I'm a student going into RTA at Ryerson which is a very technical media program, I know it's respected in the media industry. But do you think it might be respected as communications degree ? If i wanted to go into something like business development or publi relations?

Hope you can help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of lbeckste lbeckste
Hi,
I'm the Associate Chair of the School of Radio & Television Arts and I want to assure you that a career in business development or public relations is absolutely possible with a degree from RTA. We have numerous grads who are in public relations, as well as many grads who run successful businesses. In RTA you will not only learn the 'technical' side of media production, you'll also study audiences & consumer habits, business strategies and management for creative media industries, media regulation, and communications theory. You may elect to choose courses in public relations as part of your degree. In my opinion, you couldn't pick a better program for what you are interested in.
Hope this is helpful. See you in September.
Lori Beckstead
Was this helpful? Yes 0