yconic - Can any University student answer my question!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can any University student answer my question!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hello,

I just want to ask what courses would be helpful in gr 12 for Uni for a business program like Ivey or Schulich. I know i have to take 2 Uni maths and 1 uni english.

Pls tell from your personal experience, give me further advice, etc.

thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Ba Ba Blue Ba Ba Blue
Most business programs make you take at least one stats and one calculus course. I suggest you take all 3 maths in grade 12 to make sure you have a good foundation for university math.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
You pretty much just want marks that boost your average as high as possible. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what you take in grade twelve because universities try to start everyone on the same playing field any ways and go over high school material.

I took: english, chemistry, biology, physics, accounting, adv func and calculus.

If you want to completely close your doors and eliminate science options I would recommend: english, adv func, calculus, accounting, economics, data and perhaps a seventh course as a buffer mark.

In a business program, you'll find at least a bit of overlap between your high school knowledge and university courses. I would highly recommend accounting as it's pretty fundamental to most areas of business (or at least helps a lot) and is usually easy to score marks in.

Also, why do you keep creating new threads for very similar inquiries?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@onlymatthew wrote
You pretty much just want marks that boost your average as high as possible. Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what you take in grade twelve because universities try to start everyone on the same playing field any ways and go over high school material.

I took: english, chemistry, biology, physics, accounting, adv func and calculus.

If you want to completely close your doors and eliminate science options I would recommend: english, adv func, calculus, accounting, economics, data and perhaps a seventh course as a buffer mark.

In a business program, you'll find at least a bit of overlap between your high school knowledge and university courses. I would highly recommend accounting as it's pretty fundamental to most areas of business (or at least helps a lot) and is usually easy to score marks in.

Also, why do you keep creating new threads for very similar inquiries?

Because my dear friend, this is what Studen Awards Forum is meant for, senior students helping junior students, and clarfiying stuff you want to know, if you didn't know!
Was this helpful? Yes 0