yconic - Can i accept 2 offers for different Canadian Unis?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can i accept 2 offers for different Canadian Unis?

A photo of asian123 asian123

I was predicted 37/45 International Baccalaureatte (IB) points and was accepted to McGill and Richard Ivey school of business at the University of Western Ontario (BMOS and Ivey AEO), and to my safety school Wilfrid Laurier for the BBA program.

I want to accept either McGill or Ivey, and also Laurier as my safety, in case i perform badly in my final exams. Is this possbile?

Also, how many points in my final exams will i need to get to maintain my McGill offer?

thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
14 replies

A photo of g93 g93
No, you can't accept multiple offers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of asian123 asian123
really?

i heard that u can accept 2 offers, pay both deposit fees, then reject one of them late on.

can anyone else confirm?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@asian123 wrote
really?

i heard that u can accept 2 offers, pay both deposit fees, then reject one of them late on.

can anyone else confirm?

What? I have NEVER heard that. I thought that if you accept one, it rejects the others. You can reject the one you accepted and un-reject the one you rejected by accepting the one you are now rejecting, but un-rejecting is harder than rejecting one that you accepted, or so I'm told.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pharger Pharger
I think what he's trying to say is whether or not you can accept more than 2 offers incase you cant meet the conditional offers made by the universities.
Ex. Acceptance to UofT and McMaster. You have to maintain a 85 for UofT and 80 for McMaster. Say at finals i end up with 82, ok UofT declines my offer, but McMaster is still there for me. Can i still go to McMaster even though I've accepted UofT's offer of admission?
If not, does that mean I've failed and am not going anywhere next year,I either have to reapply to the Universities ASAP, or resubmit next year?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
First of all I think if you can't maintain at least the minimum requirement they're asking from a program.. you won't do very well.

And I think you havta summer school the course u effed up on, like my friend who got into UTSC had to take calc again she dropped below 75 by final and so she took it again in summer school to upgrade. And guess what.. she's like failing first year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Pharger wrote
I think what he's trying to say is whether or not you can accept more than 2 offers incase you cant meet the conditional offers made by the universities.
Ex. Acceptance to UofT and McMaster. You have to maintain a 85 for UofT and 80 for McMaster. Say at finals i end up with 82, ok UofT declines my offer, but McMaster is still there for me. Can i still go to McMaster even though I've accepted UofT's offer of admission?
If not, does that mean I've failed and am not going anywhere next year,I either have to reapply to the Universities ASAP, or resubmit next year?

No, you can't accept all your programs and then somehow choose the one you want after you meet the requirements.

:scratch: where are you guys coming up with this stuff?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
You can't do that, if you choose one it automatically rejects the others..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Meridian Meridian
Applying from out of country you would have applied to the Ontario schools thru OUAC105. It interlocks and only allows one acceptance.

I suppose you could also accept McGill at the same time, but I think you are being overly paranoid. You indicate a really high IB predicted. Do you expect to bomb that bad ?

What are the deadlines to accept ? Ontario folks as example get til June 2. Can't you wait til near the deadline to a decision ?

P.S. You are really rude if you actually do multiple accepts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of colakid123 colakid123
First of all people, it's not "rude" to accept two offers. Universities are businesses, don't be disillusioned into thinking they care about you. Paranoid, on the other hand, yes.

1) You can accept one OUAC offer and then replace it with another acceptance before June 2nd.
2) You can potentially accept McGill and one Ontario school.
3) If you can't maintain the minimum average, your chance of success if probably not that high and you would be fairly screwed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver

@colakid123 wrote
First of all people, it's not "rude" to accept two offers. Universities are businesses, don't be disillusioned into thinking they care about you. Paranoid, on the other hand, yes.

1) You can accept one OUAC offer and then replace it with another acceptance before June 2nd.
2) You can potentially accept McGill and one Ontario school.
3) If you can't maintain the minimum average, your chance of success if probably not that high and you would be fairly screwed.

+1
Accepting one offer on OUAC does not reject the other offers that are there.
http://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/accept-and-considered-for-other-offers/
It is not possible to accept multiple offers on OUAC, but because McGill uses Minerva, it is possible to accept both an offer on OUAC and an offer on Minerva, as they are two different systems.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lmao lmao
You guys sure about accepting one at Minerva and OUAC? cuz OUAC does have some communication with Minerva don't they.. like when you're an Ontario student your marks get sent directly to Minerva from OUAC? So you guys sure?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@asian123 wrote
really?

can anyone else confirm?

what a dumb question.

first of all why would you accept 2 offers in the first place?
at this point if you're worrying about getting rejected because your marks are too low
at the end of the year/late august you're pretty much screwed for university and it just shows how much of a short-term goal oriented student you are. i doubt you'll do well in university.

and you're not even going to get your deposit fee back
but i guess that's okay if you're loaded.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@asian123 wrote

I was predicted 37/45 International Baccalaureatte (IB) points and was accepted to McGill and Richard Ivey school of business at the University of Western Ontario (BMOS and Ivey AEO), and to my safety school Wilfrid Laurier for the BBA program.

I want to accept either McGill or Ivey, and also Laurier as my safety, in case i perform badly in my final exams. Is this possbile?

Also, how many points in my final exams will i need to get to maintain my McGill offer?

thanks

I'm not an IB student but the McGill representative that was at my high school said that "once you're in, you're in". If your average drops below 70 they will review your application again, but she made it clear that McGill really does not have demanding requirements once you've been accepted. This is what the representative said at a presentation at my ontario high school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

For Ivey, if your average drops 2-4% (again, this is for non-IB students) your application is flagged and reviewed again. I don't know about Laurier. Hope this helps.
Was this helpful? Yes 0