yconic - Can I appeal my university offer?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can I appeal my university offer?

A photo of AlejandroB AlejandroB
I am sorry to be bothering anyone of you but is there any way I can appeal a university offer from U of T? I applied to civil engineering as my first choice but instead I got accepted for Mineral engineering. Should I appeal? These are my marks:
I am 17 years old and I did really bad in my Gr.12 law class because I took it in Gr.11.
Help!:cheese:
Midterm Final
CLU3M1 2010/06 1 84
ENG3U1 2010/07 1 81
CLN4U1 2011/01 1 82
MCR3UE 2011/01 1 84
PAF3O1 2011/01 1 97
SCH3U1 2011/01 1 84
HRT3M1 2011/06 1 91
SPH3U1 2011/06 1 90
MHF4U1 2011/07 1 97
ENG4U1 2012/02 1 83
SCH4U1 2012/02 1 78
SPH4U1 2012/02 1 91
HRE4M1 2012/06 1 94
MCV4UE 2012/06 1 90
MDM4U1 2012/06 1 91
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of computerengineer computerengineer
Wow, you didn't get into civil with those marks LOL that makes me so much nervous about my acceptance. Was UofT your first choice on OUAC. And is your calculus done in night school, and ad.functions done in summer? Maybe that is the reason. Otherwise,I dont see why you wont get into civil.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of josephqzcewxvr josephqzcewxvr
Won't UofT automatically reconsider every applicants after midterm if those applicants were not accepted into their first choice?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I only took Advanced functions in summer school; the rest are taken in school. There is no enriched math in neither summer school nor night school. Now I know why I didn't get accepted for Engineering!! There is a mistake on my OUAC website that says I am not a Canadian Citizen. THIS IS A MISTAKE!!! I have to fix it right away! Should I call OUAC or the U of T to fix this problem?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit

@AlejandroB wrote
I only took Advanced functions in summer school; the rest are taken in school. There is no enriched math in neither summer school nor night school. Now I know why I didn't get accepted for Engineering!! There is a mistake on my OUAC website that says I am not a Canadian Citizen. THIS IS A MISTAKE!!! I have to fix it right away! Should I call OUAC or the U of T to fix this problem?

Holy crap that is a major screw up. I think you should call both of them and get it fixed right away. Were you a recent immigrant?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FreakAccident FreakAccident
lol if they don't got your immigration status or citizenship correct, theres a MAJOR problem.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of FreakAccident FreakAccident
lol if they don't got your immigration status or citizenship correct, theres a MAJOR problem.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of seasharp seasharp

@josephqzcewxvr wrote
Won't UofT automatically reconsider every applicants after midterm if those applicants were not accepted into their first choice?

I know Guelph does.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I know it is a major screw up. I talked to my Guidance Councillor and he told me to call the University Registrar. I called the university registrar and I was told to send an email to request a review of my application. Now I am waiting for the U of T's response... I am still worried the university might not receive the email since they are so busy. I'll make some questions involving this on the U of T's live channel tomorrow at 4. Oh and I got my Citizenship about 7 years ago so I am not a "recent" immigrant :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0