yconic - Can I get a alternate offer for Computer Science at Waterloo?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can I get a alternate offer for Computer Science at Waterloo?

A photo of Brian070 Brian070
I applied to UOW for Software Engineering but I dropped Chemistry which is a prerequisite. I was wondering if I can still be considered for a alternate offer for Computer Science. I also did not complete the AIF.

My marks so far are:

Philosophy - 80
Adv. Functions - 80
English- 66
Physics - 86 (Midterm)
Calculus - 90 (Midterm)
Computer Science - 97 (Midterm)

NOTE:
I have received an offer of admission to McMaster for Computer Science and UOG for Software Engineering.

Please share opinions on which university which university has the best program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Shabe Shabe
Your English mark...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Shabe wrote
Your English mark...

well, even if i had a higher english mark, will they still consider for a alternate offer?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What he said
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Also, i just check minutes ago i have been accepted to Computer Science at UofT. Which university has the best Computer Science program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iRamie iRamie

@Brian070 wrote
Also, i just check minutes ago i have been accepted to Computer Science at UofT. Which university has the best Computer Science program?

waterloo is the best for comp sci ofc.
But since you have to chose between McMaster, Guelph and UofT.
I would definitely go to UofT comp sci program.
However, if you want an engineering degree and to be recognized as a "Professional Engineer" later on in your life, i suggest McMaster :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PaperPen PaperPen

@Brian070 wrote
I applied to UOW for Software Engineering but I dropped Chemistry which is a prerequisite. I was wondering if I can still be considered for a alternate offer for Computer Science. I also did not complete the AIF.

My marks so far are:

Philosophy - 80
Adv. Functions - 80
English- 66
Physics - 86 (Midterm)
Calculus - 90 (Midterm)
Computer Science - 97 (Midterm)

NOTE:
I have received an offer of admission to McMaster for Computer Science and UOG for Software Engineering.

Please share opinions on which university which university has the best program.

You did not complete your AIF. I don't think you'll be getting an offer of admission from Waterloo at all. You have to complete your AIF to get an offer of admission to Waterloo. Also, your English mark is really low, but the AIF is a bit more important.

From your choices, I would say U of T CompSci. Most reputable out of the choices.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aimango aimango
Go with UofT. I really doubt youre gonna get the alternative CS offer, although I had a friend who applied to coop CS last year and got regular CS instead cause his English was in the 60s, too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0