yconic - Can i get accepted to mac life science, UWO biomed, and waterloo life science + chem engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can i get accepted to mac life science, UWO biomed, and waterloo life science + chem engineering

A photo of thecobra9 thecobra9
My marks are
advanced functions - 88
Physics - 86
Chemistry - 85
avg 86.3

if I maintain this mark next semester, is there a possibility for acceptance to mac life science, UWO biomed, and waterloo life science + chem engineering

Next semester - calculus, biology, english
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@thecobra9 wrote
My marks are
advanced functions - 88
Physics - 86
Chemistry - 85
avg 86.3

if I maintain this mark next semester, is there a possibility for acceptance to mac life science, UWO biomed, and waterloo life science + chem engineering

Next semester - calculus, biology, english

Waterloo Life science for sure but Mac and UWO hard to say.I think 88 would be a safer number.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

But I heard some people get in UWO with a 83 average
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@thecobra9 wrote
But I heard some people get in UWO with a 83 average

Biomedical Science at UWO last year cut off was 85.5 as per the admission officer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of khasary khasary
Hi All,

I did not do well in the midterm chem and bio exams. So my midterm average now is 84 for top 6 courses (Eng, Adv Funct, Bio, Chem, Drama, Com Tech). I know that several students have received offers from McMaster (life sciences), UWO (bio med and sciences), Waterloo (life sciences), and UoT (life sciences or neuroscience). I guess I have not received any offering so far because of my midterm average that is below mid 80. It is likely that I will miss the early or first round of offerings from the universities. My question is whether the universities still consider the applications for those who are below the cut-off range (mid to high 80s) in the next round of offering. Will I still be considered if I could bring my average to 87 or higher in April when the high schools submit to the universities the new grades.

Your answes are really appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@khasary wrote
Hi All,

I did not do well in the midterm chem and bio exams. So my midterm average now is 84 for top 6 courses (Eng, Adv Funct, Bio, Chem, Drama, Com Tech). I know that several students have received offers from McMaster (life sciences), UWO (bio med and sciences), Waterloo (life sciences), and UoT (life sciences or neuroscience). I guess I have not received any offering so far because of my midterm average that is below mid 80. It is likely that I will miss the early or first round of offerings from the universities. My question is whether the universities still consider the applications for those who are below the cut-off range (mid to high 80s) in the next round of offering. Will I still be considered if I could bring my average to 87 or higher in April when the high schools submit to the universities the new grades.

Your answes are really appreciated.

Waterloo Lifescience for sure ;my classmate got in yesterday with 80.5 and i know others that have got in with 78% so just be patient. The bulk of the offer will be in May. mAc and UWO you definately need high 80's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of khasary khasary
Many thanks, Aquarius.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Hey guys, I also got accepted into mcmaster medical radiation sciences and I was wondering if its better to go into that rather than life science
Was this helpful? Yes 0