yconic - Can I get into U of T Humanities?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can I get into U of T Humanities?

A photo of MCurt MCurt
my first term average was 83% and I expect it to go up before march break. I am currently in grade 12 and would really like to go to University College!

Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of kathleenUofT kathleenUofT

@MCurt wrote
my first term average was 83% and I expect it to go up before march break. I am currently in grade 12 and would really like to go to University College!

Hi,

While admission averages vary from program to program and year to year, You would be considered in good academic standing and are very competitive for your program. Make sure that you meet your admission requirements for your program http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/admissions.action
University College is a great college, make sure you attend all your frosh events, you meet some of your best friends during frosh week!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MCurt MCurt
Im hoping to do a major in Cognitive Science but my averages in bio and chem are my two lowest grades- will this affect my admission if I listed it as my major on my application?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MCurt wrote

Hi Mcurt
Your academic average sounds very competitive for the Humanities program at UofT! University college is a great college to be a part of. If you have already applied, be patient because uoft is releasing offers of admissions to students very slowly. Best of luck!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MCurt wrote
Im hoping to do a major in Cognitive Science but my averages in bio and chem are my two lowest grades- will this affect my admission if I listed it as my major on my application?

Hi Mcurt,
It depends on what stream you wish to enter: Arts or Science. Ultimately, if you have a high average a low mark in one class shouldn’t hinder you unless it is a prerequisite for your program. There are different requirements for both programs

Admission Information

• Bachelor of Arts Program

o Apply to either the Humanities admission category on the St. George campus
o Six Grade 12 U or M courses, including English are required
o A senior high school math course is recommended
o Students outside of Ontario should have the equivalent senior high school credits

• Bachelor of Science Program

o Apply to the Life Sciences admission category on the St. George campus
o Six Grade 12 U or M courses, including English and Calculus and Vectors are required
o A senior high school math course is recommended
o Students outside of Ontario should have the equivalent senior high school credits

More Information can be found here:

http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/futurestudents/academics/progs/cogsci
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MCurt MCurt
Great! I plan to enter through the Humanities stream and have an 88% in English so I'm feeling optimistic. Thanks for your help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0