yconic - Can I get into Waterloo Math with these marks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can I get into Waterloo Math with these marks?

A photo of SujiCorp78523 SujiCorp78523
I want to get into General Math (non-coop)at Waterloo. It says they want low 80's to be considered. You guys think I can get in with these marks?

Advanced Functions- 91
Calculus and Vectors- 76
Data Management- 64
French- 81
International Business- 86
English- 77

Overall Average= 79%
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of qwertjay qwertjay
It is not likely, but possible. More importantly, I would ask why you want to study math when your marks in math courses (apart from functions) seems to be lower than the rest. University pure math programs are infinitely more challenging and abstract than high school mathematics. I would only recommended it to people who breeze through their high school mathematics without a problem.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@qwertjay wrote
It is not likely, but possible. More importantly, I would ask why you want to study math when your marks in math courses (apart from functions) seems to be lower than the rest. University pure math programs are infinitely more challenging and abstract than high school mathematics. I would only recommended it to people who breeze through their high school mathematics without a problem.

Don't listen to this guy. You'll get in as you still have a good chance at getting that average to a mid 80s, which is more than enough. I'd go for it if I were you.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of qwertjay qwertjay
Nowhere did I say he can't get in.

I said that it if you can't do high school mathematics easily, thinking he will do well in university mathematics courses, much less a pure math program itself, is unrealistic.

Idealism vs. reality - take it or leave it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0