yconic - can i still apply through ouac at laurier?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

can i still apply through ouac at laurier?

A photo of ac123 ac123
Hey guys, I applied to laurier bba initially, but my average is only 80.5% with my top 6 courses so I have a couple of questions.

I found out that the honours BA economics degree requires low 80's so do you think I can get in with this average?

Is it accredited with the CMA,CGA, CA institutes?

My main concern is getting into the Honours economics program so should I apply to this program on ouac at this point in time? or do u think i will get an alternate offer anyways?

and can I use my ABS form towards this instead of towards bba if i apply to it on ouac? (last date to make changes was april 16 for the abs form)

thanks

Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of ac123 ac123
bump. plz reply :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JonathanEtienne JonathanEtienne
you have until may first. Laurier bba requires 86-87% and filling the ABS form will only give you a maximum of 3%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Actually I don't think you have to. You should be considered for an alternate offers to Honours Economics if you aren't eligible for admission for the BBA program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of honourstudent101 honourstudent101
The cutoff for Laurier BA Economics is 82% but you might still be able to get into applied Econ as alternative offer, I also know one person last year who had 81.83 and got an alternative to BSc business technology management at Brandford or BA arts.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wtsmb wtsmb

@jelly wrote
Actually I don't think you have to. You should be considered for an alternate offers to Honours Economics if you aren't eligible for admission for the BBA program.

I second this.
I have a friend who applied for BBA, got alternate offer to Hons Econ.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ac123 ac123
I talked to the laurier admissions office on the phone and she said i have a fairly good chance at honours economics with a 80.5% average. I told her just to be safe I want to apply to honours econ on ouac and make it my first choice just so i can use my ABS form towards it too. Hopefully this will help increase my chances of getting this offer.

and she also said the laureir bba cut off as of now is 87%. Just letting u guys know who are curious. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0