yconic - Can someone tell me about advance functions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can someone tell me about advance functions?

A photo of CatWarrior1995 CatWarrior1995
I'm a BIT worried cause I ended off with a 77.4% in grade 11 functions last semester and I'm scared cause I want atleast an 90 for next year. However in grade 11 functions I never did my math homework and what I'm mostly worried about is that my teacher is easy. Like he can teach really well but I looked at other teachers test and the test were some what similar but everyone says that I only got that mark cause my teacher was easy.

Please give me your suggestions for grade 12 advance functions and how to do well. Is achieveing a 90+ do-able for me what should I do next year to achieve that mark.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@CatWarrior1995 wrote
I'm a BIT worried cause I ended off with a 77.4% in grade 11 functions last semester and I'm scared cause I want atleast an 90 for next year. However in grade 11 functions I never did my math homework and what I'm mostly worried about is that my teacher is easy. Like he can teach really well but I looked at other teachers test and the test were some what similar but everyone says that I only got that mark cause my teacher was easy.

Please give me your suggestions for grade 12 advance functions and how to do well. Is achieveing a 90+ do-able for me what should I do next year to achieve that mark.

I got a 78 in grade 11 functions and a 92 in grade 12 advanced functions. I was like you in grade 11, didnt do any homework, didnt prepare for any tests and yeah. In grade 12, I started to do my homework every night and than I got my mark of 92. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, nuff said

P.S. people told me that my grade 11 math teacher was the easiest teacher in the school. lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@DwayneMVPwade wrote

@CatWarrior1995 wrote

I got a 78 in grade 11 functions and a 92 in grade 12 advanced functions. I was like you in grade 11, didnt do any homework, didnt prepare for any tests and yeah. In grade 12, I started to do my homework every night and than I got my mark of 92. DO YOUR HOMEWORK, nuff said

P.S. people told me that my grade 11 math teacher was the easiest teacher in the school. lol

Really?
So If I just review and do my homework I can easily get a 90?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit
Adv Functions was easy. I just realised that around exam time lol. I got an 80 in MHF3u and then an 83 in MHF4U. I either did really well on tests, ~88+ or really bad, 65-75. However I realised that it was really easy when Exam time came and I was studying for it. I ended up with the highest mark on the exam, 90, which is not to high but its pretty good.

Word of advice. Look for student who have already taken the class and get their tests. Teachers usually change them but they are still good review materials.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
To be honest its a pretty easy course. You should be able to get 90s if you do all your homework, listen, take notes, study, etc. My mark in Functions was 83 and I finished with a 92 in Advanced Functions, changing the work habit a little bit goes a long way.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh thanks for the help?
How did you guys do so well in the course? What were the exact things you've changed from grade 11 to grade 12?
Which units were the easiest? How is it easier than grade 11 functions??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jelly jelly
Listened in class and studied more. I slacked in grade 11 because I took advanced functions second semester, so I figured the mark I got wouldn't really matter. I just aimed for anything 80+.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Bscit wrote
Adv Functions was easy. I just realised that around exam time lol. I got an 80 in MHF3u and then an 83 in MHF4U. I either did really well on tests, ~88+ or really bad, 65-75. However I realised that it was really easy when Exam time came and I was studying for it. I ended up with the highest mark on the exam, 90, which is not to high but its pretty good.

Word of advice. Look for student who have already taken the class and get their tests. Teachers usually change them but they are still good review materials.

Thanks for the advice, however in my eyes I see taking other tests from last year some what cheating. I want to earn this mark as corny as that may sound, I want to achieve that 90+ in advance functions knowing that I didn't resort to getting a test from last year or having any other advantage over another student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bscit Bscit

@CatWarrior1995 wrote

@Bscit wrote

Thanks for the advice, however in my eyes I see taking other tests from last year some what cheating. I want to earn this mark as corny as that may sound, I want to achieve that 90+ in advance functions knowing that I didn't resort to getting a test from last year or having any other advantage over another student.

I do it all the time. I wouldnt say it is cheating. Most teachers dont like it though. But I blame it on them if they make their tests exactly the same because they are lazy.

Also if you consider this cheating, youd be surprised at what other people do such as writing notes in their calculators, hiding notes in their pencil cases, or straight out looking at their friends test.

I like getting previous years tests because it is a faster way of studying and gives you examples of what teachers may ask. I like doing the questions on the test prior to reading them so I can see where I would stand if i took the class in the previous year.
Was this helpful? Yes 0