yconic - Can someone tell me about the university of toronto-st.george and their admission decisions?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can someone tell me about the university of toronto-st.george and their admission decisions?

A photo of omgamidead omgamidead
IS it true that st.george'll take ANYBODY and then just weed them out by 1st year to just take their money?! I might have to reconsider going to that uni if it's true lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Sheldore Sheldore

@omgamidead wrote
IS it true that st.george'll take ANYBODY and then just weed them out by 1st year to just take their money?! I might have to reconsider going to that uni if it's true lol

Well it isn't some scheme to take the money of the average person. You can do good but it requires a lot of devotion and commitment to do even mediocre. If your one of those people with a <90% avg. in high school and even find high school a tad challenging than UTSG will rip you a new one. It makes high school look like heaven.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
I think that's highly exaggerated. If you look at the statistics, many students don't leave UofT after first year. Go here: http://cudo.utoronto.ca/2010/index.php and choose "K3 - Retention Rate" and St. George at the top. You'll see that around 90% of students who go through year one at UTSG come back for second year.

As for the difficulty, it is hard, but not impossible. You'll get used to it if you try hard enough.
Was this helpful? Yes 0