yconic - Can universities reject you in July?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can universities reject you in July?

A photo of heylooklisten heylooklisten
So midterms are the last set of marks before the last couple rounds of acceptances. Then, we have to choose a university program by June 3rd.

Report cards for finals are handed out in late June/July, though. At that point, can the university you've already enrolled in take that away, leaving you with nothing?

I'm starting to get why people slack off after midterms haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

Oh, and I don't mean scholarships, I know that's affected. I mean admission in general
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of EastSideBoyz EastSideBoyz
I believe for some programs you have to maintain a certain average and not fall below the 3-5 % mark of what you got.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kaname Kaname
I was told it was possible after calling them a couple of weeks ago.
I also wanted to know the same thing cause I think it's a bit cruel right?
Do you know when they start rejections though? I would've thought they need to start sending them During end of July cause they need to see your final mark after exams right?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of itruffles itruffles
They can revoke your offer. Happened to a friend of mine last year and now he's on a victory lap. Btw, isn't the date June 2nd as opposed to June 3rd? And I see that you've been accpeted to UTSG ... can you tell me your average if it isn't too personal? Pleaseee
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@itruffles wrote
They can revoke your offer. Happened to a friend of mine last year and now he's on a victory lap. Btw, isn't the date June 2nd as opposed to June 3rd? And I see that you've been accpeted to UTSG ... can you tell me your average if it isn't too personal? Pleaseee

Yikes, a revoke sounds terrible.

I got accepted to UTSG in March, before midterms. My average at that point was 86.6. My current Top 6 average is 87.8. Hope that helps!
Was this helpful? Yes 0