yconic - Can you fake your EC's
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can you fake your EC's

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
no they will find this forum and you will be rejected everywhere so don't try it, once they find this place, youre screwed.

Edit: Original post was deleted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork
no they will find this forum and you will be rejected everywhere so don't try it, once they find this place, youre screwed.

Edit: Original post was deleted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
Yeah you can. Should you? No.

I recommend you just take what you did, and make it sound as good as possible. For example, I had a summer job scanning old documents. Pretty boring. But when you phrase it that you "maintained and upgraded a digital company archive, while developing a systematic archiving procedure", it actually sounds pretty cool.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sherrybloosm sherrybloosm
Please don't.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cherrypie725 cherrypie725

@sherrybloosm wrote
Please don't.

Yeah really. Out of respect for everyone who actually puts the time and effort into meaningful activities, don't lie about it. Out of respect for yourself, don't lie about it.

I'm not even a business applicant and this makes me mad.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Redprince Redprince
you can, but, there is a high possibility of you getting caught.
My brother told me that four years ago some guy faked his EC and got caught. The university instantly rejected him and he was banned from applying to that particular university.

So, my advice don't fake your EC because there are many way that you can get caught. It is basically like stealing - you can steal but if you get caught than you are basically screwed.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of onlymatthew onlymatthew
Realistically, there's barely any chance you'll get caught. The potential benefit from faking EC's is also huge and you should realize that a large number of applicants will either straight out lie or blur the truth. I'm against faking EC's because it robs hard working people of their accomplishments, but the process is pretty easy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maynards maynards
Bare in mind, I am totally against faking your ECs, because I spent hard work trying to develop mine, just for this time to come.

However, how exactly would a university catch you besides calling your reference person and them denying it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted