yconic - Can you invest money in banks?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can you invest money in banks?

A photo of 6x7 6x7
Do you mean can you put money in the bank and get money back? Yes, it's called a bank account, and they've existed for a few hundred years.

Or do you mean can you buy stocks in a bank itself? Yes, you can do that too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Do you mean can you put money in the bank and get money back? Yes, it's called a bank account, and they've existed for a few hundred years.

Or do you mean can you buy stocks in a bank itself? Yes, you can do that too.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of OscarUK OscarUK

@6x7 wrote
I was wondering,
if you have saved some money from part-time work,
can you find a bank to invest it, so that you could make more?

I'm guessing from your level of knowledge you are around 12, at this age (at least here in the UK) you are not able to set up your own investment accounts so you will have to do it through your parents if you wanted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
haha yeah you collect interest on all the money put in. you can also buy some mutual bonds where theres guaranteed returns based on the market; but the money is put away for a certain amount of time so it won't be accessable
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Slasher61 Slasher61

@6x7 wrote
I was wondering,
if you have saved some money from part-time work,
can you find a bank to invest it, so that you could make more?

It's called placing it in a savings fun, and making intrest off of it. I would highly recommend depositing your money into an ING acount as the intrest rates are very high. As well, there is a Canadian government option where for every $100 you deposit into that account, they'll give you $20 back. However, this MUST be used for your schooling.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of petarpoparacrni petarpoparacrni
Don't bother with GIC or similar invesment instrumetns as inflation reduce your earnings to nil unless you have a pretty high interest rate of around 5% or so. keeping money in the bank wont earn you any money. Again the interest you make is countered with the inflation of the currency so it comes out to less money (but still more then not keeping in the bank).
Was this helpful? Yes 0