yconic - Canadian Citizens that've studied outside of Canada
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Canadian Citizens that've studied outside of Canada

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I put zero because I haven't studied anywhere else, but just put the truth. Don't lie to them. The universities may ask for proof that you have studied at an English school for the last 3 years or something, that's what they require the information for. I don't know too much about it but you can always explain that it was Grade 1 and 2. They are not going to refuse you because you studied elsewhere for two years.

EDIT: If anything, it would help for journalism (but they aren't going to use that to help decide). Supp maybe?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of g93 g93
I put zero because I haven't studied anywhere else, but just put the truth. Don't lie to them. The universities may ask for proof that you have studied at an English school for the last 3 years or something, that's what they require the information for. I don't know too much about it but you can always explain that it was Grade 1 and 2. They are not going to refuse you because you studied elsewhere for two years.

EDIT: If anything, it would help for journalism (but they aren't going to use that to help decide). Supp maybe?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@g93 wrote

Yeah the question before does ask you how many years you've been in an Ontario highschool so I don't understand why they would need the other questions (if the requirement is that you've studied in Ontario school for the past 3 years).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ffcelik ffcelik
They're not going to. Don't worry. Even I went to school outside of Canada for 9 and 10 and I've already got accepted to 2 out 5 of the programs I applied to.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@lala93 wrote

@g93 wrote

Yeah the question before does ask you how many years you've been in an Ontario highschool so I don't understand why they would need the other questions (if the requirement is that you've studied in Ontario school for the past 3 years).

They would need it in situations like mine where even though I didn't go to a Canadian high school for the full 4 years, I still went to school in Canada for a significant amount of years and therefore I am able to speak English as well as the next red neck out there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ffcelik wrote

@lala93 wrote

@g93 wrote

They would need it in situations like mine where even though I didn't go to a Canadian high school for the full 4 years, I still went to school in Canada for a significant amount of years and therefore I am able to speak English as well as the next red neck out there.

Ohh okkk...I was just feeling paranoid about that lol. Yeah I'm also going to ask my guidance counsellor about it. Do you mind me asking where else you went to school?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

^ Quebec, Turkey, Oman, Saudi Arabia. Spread out enough? :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0