yconic - Can't decide which University-College residence to go to at Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can't decide which University-College residence to go to at Waterloo

A photo of gnr234 gnr234
Hello, I went to the Waterloo open house today to meet students and profs from the program I am likely going to be taking (Environment and Business-accepted) and to decide which residence is right for me. I was very surprised actually at how much what I though I wanted changed after physically checking the residences out. I am very picky about people not touching my stuff and I really like a fair amount of time by myself in my life so I initially thought a suite style or single room would be right for me. After going today though and getting a feel for what every residence was about I definitely changed my mind.

Basically I decided that I want to go to a University College because I vastly prefer the community feel that exists there (or at least it seems to). I also decided that while I am kind of particular I shouldn’t be choosing a residence solely on comfort (MKV) because I could just go to an apartment off campus for that. And while I think I would ultimately enjoy having a roommate I would still like a bit of the comfort I have become accustomed to. So now I am basically trying to weigh the pros and cons of each UC and decide which one is right for me. So I am going to tell you a little about myself and everything I feel is relevant (if I miss anything please let me know) and hopefully someone could point me in the right direction. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

I…
Go to bed around 12-1
Wake up as early as I have to or as late as 10, 10:30
Like to really BLAST music (dubstep, folk-rock, reggae)
Like to party (come home from pub drunk or play some beer pong in the room), but also am able to maintain a healthy balance
Don’t eat a lot of food at all and usually don’t really eat breakfast
Play a lot of sports, will be playing a lot of intramurals. Maybe varsity badminton lol
Would prefer a co-ed floor and wouldn’t mind but also wouldn’t prefer co-ed bathrooms
Will be bringing girls back to my room and don’t really want to get hassled (grebel)
Will be keeping a stocked mini-fridge at all times ☺
Will be bringing my 42’ tv
Do care about a bigger/more comfortable bed in my decision (obviously not highly though)

So what do you think? Which rez is right for me?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies