yconic - Can't Decide...Toronto or Ottawa?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Can't Decide...Toronto or Ottawa?

A photo of sciencegirlxxx sciencegirlxxx
Hi.
I have already been accepted by Ottawa and am almost sure that I will be accepted by Toronto. My dilemma is that if I do get accepted by Toronto, where will I go? I keep going over the facts in my mind of where I want to go, but can't decide at all.

Could you perhaps give me some advice on things to consider or little things about the campuses of each school and the education they give? It would help so much.

Thank you in advance! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
11 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
The differences between the cities are pretty self-apparent. Toronto is a huge city. Your campus will be in a highly populated area, and you'll face the issues common to a city with 2.5+ million people living there.

Ottawa is a smaller city. It's the capital of Canada, which is awesome for politics and federal government jobs. uOttawa is downtown, so your campus is also downtown, right next to the major bus routes (The Transitway).

If you can, go to both campuses. I haven't been on Toronto's campus, but I have been on Ottawa's. See which feels nice to you and suits you spending 4 years there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Mas40 Mas40
im not too sure regarding your post-university options, but if you are interested in going into a grad school, then i would personally think that uOttawa would be a better choice. This would be because there are wayyy more students in UofT than there are in uOttawa, so there is way too much competition there. I would think that it would be a bit* easier to score a higher GPA from uOttawa.

and ofcourse, there are those differences mentioned by ARMY101

Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
All I can say is Ottawa Ottawa and Ottawa. I want to live away from home, and I wanted to apply to Carleton but my parents wouldn't let me :( I would love to live there, and actually live independently for once. Also it would be beneficial to me, because I always wanted to learn french.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Why not MacMaster
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Katarina101 Katarina101
McMaster's amazing, I wanted to go there too, but sadly its too far :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Xiaohaha wrote
Why not MacMaster

If you can walk you can go to Brock
Walk a little faster, go to McMaster

Who likes McMaster?!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sciencegirlxxx sciencegirlxxx

@Xiaohaha wrote
Why not MacMaster

Well, it was my third choice, so since I'm already accepted to Ottawa, it really isn't on my radar anymore. I visited Mac, and I just didn't see my self there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of guccimane guccimane
yo ma man are you effing seriouz, y would u go to otawa that place is nothing. toronto is the place bro, girls and more girls. #thatshitcray
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@guccimane wrote
yo ma man are you effing seriouz, y would u go to otawa that place is nothing. toronto is the place bro, girls and more girls. #thatcrapcray

Ottawa is a far better and safer city than Toronto, for two...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of y2k12 y2k12

@Katarina101 wrote
McMaster's amazing, I wanted to go there too, but sadly its too far :(

You're not into Life or Health Sciences, are you? McMaster is only good for these two; the rest is garbage.
McMaster has a good health science program, but U of T has a better health program! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0