yconic - Car Insurance in University
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Car Insurance in University

A photo of chbaobao chbaobao

@chbaobao wrote
i was just wondering if there's a university car insurance plan kind of thing, where students can get a lower rate if they insure with their school

Haha yeah right. I think students are the last group that insurance companies want to give a deal on car insurance. I googled "car insurance student deal" and didn't find much other than sites telling you to take classes to get your rates lowered. There were some sites that showed a 10-15% discount for certain companies and/or if you have good grades, but I'm not sure how legitimate those were.

Now once you graduate you might have more luck. Alumni/professional associations definitely do get you insurance deals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel

@chbaobao wrote
i was just wondering if there's a university car insurance plan kind of thing, where students can get a lower rate if they insure with their school

Haha yeah right. I think students are the last group that insurance companies want to give a deal on car insurance. I googled "car insurance student deal" and didn't find much other than sites telling you to take classes to get your rates lowered. There were some sites that showed a 10-15% discount for certain companies and/or if you have good grades, but I'm not sure how legitimate those were.

Now once you graduate you might have more luck. Alumni/professional associations definitely do get you insurance deals.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
No. Universities are not insurance providers...
Was this helpful? Yes 0