yconic - Careers in Biotchnology, Careers in Biochemistry?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Careers in Biotchnology, Careers in Biochemistry?

A photo of Rancy Rancy
I would like to know which careers are offered in both fields, and the pay rate for each field. I am trying to decide on finding the job that interests me the most and earns me a suitable amount of money.

Biotechnology (Double major in Biochemistry and Chemical Engineering)
Bichemistry (Single major)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of CailynBrown CailynBrown
Both biotechnology and biochemistry career has become popular among the youngsters in recent times.
If you enjoy technology, investigating and solving problems, and making useful products, a career in biotechnology may be the best for you. Biotechnology also has a wide variety of career opportunities ranging from sales and marketing, to research and development, to manufacturing and quality control and assurance.
But the challenge would be that you need to be up to date by doing research on the web, and reading newspapers, trade journals, and technical magazines as well as the industry and research news feed regularly.
On the other hand biochemistry is the science in which the principles of chemistry, biology, genetics, mathematics and physics are focused on investigations of bio molecules, organelles, cells, tissues and organisms. By doing this course you can become assistant scientist, biochemist, technical sales representative, business process analyst and research assistant in hospitals and research laboratories.
Though both sounds similar but they have a lot of differences in terms of career paths. So opt for the one for which you are comfortable.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Well if you do biotechnology, and major in Chemical Engineering, you will likely have a more employable degree. In general engineering degrees are more employable than science degrees.
Was this helpful? Yes 0