yconic - Carleton Admission Status
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Carleton Admission Status

A photo of kripkrip421 kripkrip421
Hi there! I am new to this forum and I just have a question for anyone that may have had a similar experience in dealing with this type of situation. I applied to Carleton University for fall 2011 entry (I am an out of province student currently (Alberta)) and after about six weeks of "Complete, Ready for review" status on the Carleton Central website, the admission status changed to "Deferred: Under Review". Can anyone tell me what this means and how long I may have to wait for a final decision?

Note* I checked the "help" box on the website and I realize that it means my application is being reviewed but I just want to know if that is happening at the moment or if that means that I may be waiting even longer to find out.

Thank you for all your help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of heesoup heesoup
I think deferred means you have to wait until May...?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

You may be right but mine says that it is being reviewed. If it's being reviewed then I would assume a decision should be made soon??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kripkrip421 wrote

@heesoup wrote

You may be right but mine says that it is being reviewed. If it's being reviewed then I would assume a decision should be made soon??

I hope so! Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@heesoup wrote

@kripkrip421 wrote

@heesoup wrote

I hope so! Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it! Have you decided as to which university you're going to(I noticed Carleton to be on the list)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@kripkrip421 wrote

@heesoup wrote

@kripkrip421 wrote

@heesoup wrote

I hope so! Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it! Have you decided as to which university you're going to(I noticed Carleton to be on the list)?

I am still unsure...Have to make a decision soon though...
Was this helpful? Yes 0