yconic - Carleton: Alternative Offer or Original Offer?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Carleton: Alternative Offer or Original Offer?

A photo of nmi30 nmi30
I originally applied for the Journalism program at Carleton, but I recently got an alternative offer for the Communications program.
It says on my CarletonCentral that the the decision is still pending for Journalism, yet on my admission package it says that I'm not admissible for my original application.
I still want to go to Communications, I just wasn't sure if I should accept if I have a chance of getting Journalism still!

Thank youuu! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of lala93 lala93

@nmi30 wrote
I originally applied for the Journalism program at Carleton, but I recently got an alternative offer for the Communications program.
It says on my CarletonCentral that the the decision is still pending for Journalism, yet on my admission package it says that I'm not admissible for my original application.
I still want to go to Communications, I just wasn't sure if I should accept if I have a chance of getting Journalism still!

Call them...for me, I got an 'eligible for admission' for their communications program and got an 'admitted' for their journalism program. All I know it they only admit you to your first choice unless your marks didn't meet the requirements or etc. I would definitely call them to make sure though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lala93 lala93

@nmi30 wrote

Call them...for me, I got an 'eligible for admission' for their communications program and got an 'admitted' for their journalism program. All I know it they only admit you to your first choice unless your marks didn't meet the requirements or etc. I would definitely call them to make sure though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30

@lala93 wrote

@nmi30 wrote

Alright, I'll definitely do that tomorrow. Thank you so much!

P.S. Congrats on the acceptances! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Why not accept the alternative and then withdraw that acceptance and change it to your Journalism acceptance if you get it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30

@ARMY101 wrote
Why not accept the alternative and then withdraw that acceptance and change it to your Journalism acceptance if you get it?

I think that is what I'm probably going to end up doing!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of allison123 allison123
if you dont mind me asking - whats ur avg?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of nmi30 nmi30

@allison123 wrote
if you dont mind me asking - whats ur avg?

I have an 80% on the dot :) Definitely understand why I didn't get into Journalism now :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0