yconic - Carleton Architecture
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Carleton Architecture

A photo of dinosaurbones dinosaurbones
Hello, this is addressed to anybody who has applied to Carleton Architecture.

The date received shown on my application summary on Carleton Central is April 8 but my portfolio arrived on March 30, according to Canada Post. Does anybody else have this problem? And do you know if it'll affect my chances of receiving an offer since my portfolio was "received" after the due date?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I just checked my carleton application summary and it also says April 8th, when FedEx said it arrived April 1st. This should be a mistake on their part.
I would call them just to make sure, because I remember reading in their portfolio requirements package it said that portfolios recieved after April 1 would be reviewed later and only considered as an addition to an already-existing waiting list. Oy...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zegirl zegirl
mine says April 8th as well. And I got a confirmation saying that it was received on March 17th, 2011.

Quoi?!?!?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Yep mine says the same thing but on Canada Post it said they received it March 25th :\
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dinosaurbones dinosaurbones
I contacted Carleton and they told me that my portfolio was submitted before the deadline. April 8 is the date when the Carleton Central Account was updated, not the date the portfolio was received. Most likely, we're all in the same scenario, so we don't have anything to worry about! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of zegirl zegirl
When does Carleton start to accept people? I'm so anxious to hear from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MatHildebrand MatHildebrand

@zegirl wrote
When does Carleton start to accept people? I'm so anxious to hear from them.

I've already been accepted (to engineering), however as i'm aware it takes a while for architectural applicants to be accepted, simply because they wait for a majority of people to hand in their portfolios. I heard this on carletons youtube channel!
Was this helpful? Yes 0