yconic - Carleton Political Science - Public Affairs and Policy Management Entrance Average?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Carleton Political Science - Public Affairs and Policy Management Entrance Average?

A photo of joey4231 joey4231
What is a good average to have when applying for Carleton's Public Affairs and Policy Management Honours program? I've heard that having low-eighties is fine for most poli sci programs in Ontario, but as this is an honours program I'm guessing that its a bit more competitive.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Here.

End thread.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of liontogael liontogael
I was offered early acceptance to this program with a 91 avg...so I'm guessing that by may it will come down to low 80's.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of sevenzeroz sevenzeroz
I think you should be fine with mid 80's. I got in with a high 80.

And for your question about French, the requirement is a course called FREN 1100, which is basically the equivalent of grade 11 French in Ontario (at least imo). If you already have proficiency in French (took it all through HS possibly) and can prove it through some sort of certification to the university, then you don't need to take the French course. Also, if you have proficiency in another language, then you will not need to take French. ex) if you are fluent in Spanish you don't need to fill the requirement.

If your French is lower than the required level, they will test you in the first week of classes and place you in the appropriate level French class. From whichever level you are placed (unless you are placed in 1100, which isn't uncommon) you have to go through the courses until you reach FREN 1100 and pass the course.
Was this helpful? Yes 1

A photo of xkacha12 xkacha12
I got in at the end of January and my average was 80 on the dot, I'm sure they'll accept you if they already havent
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
... Why was this brought back? Nothing changed...
Was this helpful? Yes 0