yconic - Cat or Dog?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Cat or Dog?

A photo of Meine Meine
Are you a cat or dog person?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
Definitely a dog person. I don't really understand the appeal of cats. Sure, they take care of themselves and don't bother you - why get one then? There's no negatives, but I don't see any positives either. With a dog you at least get companionship - something that gets really excited to see you come home, that you can do stuff with (walk, jog, swim). Yes, you have to take care of them, and you have to make arrangements for them when you go out of town, but at least there are a lot of positives to having one.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Definitely a dog person. I don't really understand the appeal of cats. Sure, they take care of themselves and don't bother you - why get one then? There's no negatives, but I don't see any positives either. With a dog you at least get companionship - something that gets really excited to see you come home, that you can do stuff with (walk, jog, swim). Yes, you have to take care of them, and you have to make arrangements for them when you go out of town, but at least there are a lot of positives to having one.

I have had both dogs and cats. Dogs definitely have the huge positive of being able to go on runs with you, swimming ect. My current cat is more like a dog than some dogs ive had. He sits on me when im watching tv, follows me around the house, plays tug of war, fetch, and begs for food. I occasionally take him out for a drive in my car.
I have met other cat owners that have taught their cat to hike with them, occasionally sitting on their shoulders when tired. The main thing is when a cat is just a kitten you have to mold them into what you would like them to be when they are fully grown. Where dogs seem to have these things built in.
I have found if you know what your doing with animals you can make a cat or dog be that perfect pet regardless of cat or dog. Personally i like cats but will be considering some type of running companion soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of briantfkwok briantfkwok

@Meine wrote
Are you a cat or dog person?

I love big dogs, think shepherd family.

or wall-face cats, so persians.

Man, I would want a persian and caucasian shepherd.... haha....
Was this helpful? Yes 0