CFA vs CA. Who makes more money and more job opportunities?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

CFA vs CA. Who makes more money and more job opportunities?

A photo of studentofcommerce studentofcommerce
CFA vs CA. Who makes more money and more job opportunities? <br> <br>Need your advice.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of jzliu jzliu
why not get CA and CFA designation? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
2009 CA Salary Report here if you want to see it.

As jzliu said, you could get a CA + CFA, or you could go CMA + CFA
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of thekidnextdoor thekidnextdoor
Well, if you go into the Accounting & Financial Management program at Waterloo, you'll find that a lot of their students are pursuing both the CA and CFA designations. That said, you can go to almost any undergraduate school and still get a CA and a CFA designation within a few years upon graduation (working hours not included).

There are tons of people with a CA designation out there; there are tons of people with a CFA designation out there. If you really want to distinguish yourself in the workplace, I would recommend you get both.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Haru Haru
I would think CFAs earn more just cause they take 3 of the most difficult professional exams in the world plus they need more work experience to get their charter. more work = more pay. logical guess?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of BSchoolMaster BSchoolMaster

@Haru wrote
I would think CFAs earn more just cause they take 3 of the most difficult professional exams in the world plus they need more work experience to get their charter. more work = more pay. logical guess?

CFA is a voluntary charter while CA is mandatory for certain accounting practices. In real life, effort doesnt always equal return.
Was this helpful? Yes 0